This small island off Cape Cod remains one of the most popular and picturesque destinations in New England.
Lying just seven miles south of Cape Cod and measuring 24 miles long by ten wide, Martha's Vineyard is a delightful island to explore. With stately Greek revival houses dating back to the whaling era of the early 19th century, Edgartown is a seaside village of boutique shopping and pristine harbour views.
For more of a beach feel, head to Oak Bluffs which lies within an easy walk of the shore. Here genteel Victorian cottages overlook the harbour and a Victorian fairground carousel sits near the jetty.
For a real retreat, Chilmark/Aquinnah is the place to get away from it all and where beautiful multi-coloured cliffs revered by the Wampanoag Tribe tumble into the sea.
In the off season the island is quieter and far less crowded, but the shore is always beautiful. Whenever you visit, it is best to leave your car behind. Taxis are plentiful and greet the incoming ferries to help you reach your destination. Most visitors prefer to explore the island by bicycle, scooter or one of the local buses.
who's been there
Start planning your tailor-made trip to Martha's Vineyard by calling one of our New England specialists on 1 800 992 198
Earn 10,000 extra Avios points on trips to the USA with British Airways
Subject to terms and conditionsread more
Map of Martha's Vineyard
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Martha's Vineyard
- Falmouth 20 kilometers away
- Hyannis 43 kilometers away
- Nantucket 47 kilometers away
- Newport, Rhode Island 58 kilometers away
- Chatham 67 kilometers away
- Provincetown 85 kilometers away
- Boston 115 kilometers away
- Sturbridge 145 kilometers away
- Bennington 210 kilometers away
- Kennebunkport 222 kilometers away
- Stockbridge 244 kilometers away
- Lenox 245 kilometers away
- Manchester 282 kilometers away
- New York 290 kilometers away
- Woodstock 294 kilometers away
- Albany 294 kilometers away
- North Conway 301 kilometers away
- Lincoln/North Woodstock 308 kilometers away
- Saratoga Springs 321 kilometers away
- Bretton Woods 328 kilometers away
- Sugar Hill 330 kilometers away
- Lake George 340 kilometers away
- Camden 341 kilometers away
- Bar Harbor 390 kilometers away
- Burlington 404 kilometers away
- Philadelphia 413 kilometers away
- Lake Placid 423 kilometers away
- New York State 470 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Martha's Vineyard
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Martha's Vineyard. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.