Visit Provincetown, New England
Provincetown is a colourful, fascinating little town situated at the tip of the Cape Cod peninsula. This delightful place is packed with clapboard houses, riotously colourful gardens and tiny winding streets.
Provincetown, New England
Provincetown is a colourful, fascinating little town situated at the tip of the Cape Cod peninsula.
This delightful place is packed with clapboard houses, riotously colourful gardens and tiny winding streets. Despite a declining fishing fleet, the town thrives, attracting a wide spectrum of people, including a lively gay community.
Artists live side by side with fishermen and during the summer Commercial Street is filled with urbane visitors exploring the art galleries and small restaurants.
With its proximity to the off-shore Stellwagen Bank, the town is renowned for offering superb summer whale watching. In addition, Provincetown lies adjacent to the Cape Cod National Seashore where there are miles of vast sandy beaches and dunes to explore.
Suggested Provincetown itinerary
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Provincetown, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Provincetown
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Provincetown
- Chatham 45 kilometers away
- Hyannis 46 kilometers away
- Falmouth 67 kilometers away
- Boston 80 kilometers away
- Martha's Vineyard 85 kilometers away
- Nantucket 87 kilometers away
- Newport, Rhode Island 113 kilometers away
- Kennebunkport 148 kilometers away
- Sturbridge 157 kilometers away
- Bennington 178 kilometers away
- North Conway 236 kilometers away
- Lincoln/North Woodstock 252 kilometers away
- Camden 257 kilometers away
- Lenox 258 kilometers away
- Woodstock 259 kilometers away
- Stockbridge 260 kilometers away
- Bretton Woods 266 kilometers away
- Manchester 267 kilometers away
- Sugar Hill 274 kilometers away
- Albany 301 kilometers away
- Bar Harbor 306 kilometers away
- Saratoga Springs 317 kilometers away
- Lake George 326 kilometers away
- New York 350 kilometers away
- Burlington 365 kilometers away
- Lake Placid 395 kilometers away
- Philadelphia 479 kilometers away
- New York State 482 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Provincetown
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Provincetown. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.