Visit Woodstock, New England
Woodstock has been described as the prettiest small town in America and is certainly a great base for exploring the beautiful scenery of Vermont's Green Mountains.
The town is surrounded by pretty historic villages, beautiful wooded valleys and small family farms scenery, with covered bridges and red barns dotting the landscape.
The Woodstock area has always been considered affluent and this is apparent as you wander through the town, with its well-kept homes and gardens, stylish shops and many galleries. Surrounding the village green, there are a number of historic buildings that are of particular interest.
In the Woodstock region, there are a number of excellent attractions. Established in 1871, Billings Farm and Museum is one of the country's finest farm life museums. A working dairy farm, its interactive programmes and historical exhibits explore Vermont's rural heritage. Closer to town, the Dana House Museum is also well worth a visit. This 1807 merchant's home recalls local history with a collection of furniture, art, toys, clothing, textiles and farm equipment.
Woodstock is an ideal base for exploring Vermont with the Green Mountains National Forest to the east and the pretty towns of Stowe and Montpelier to the north, both of which are easily accessible on a day trip. Exploring the quaint towns and villages that make up Vermont makes a pleasant and relaxing day trip from Woodstock. For those interested in the outdoors, this part of Vermont really lends itself to superb hiking, kayaking, fishing and birdwatching.
Suggested itineraries featuring Woodstock
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Woodstock, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Woodstock
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Woodstock
- Vermont 35 kilometers away
- Manchester 69 kilometers away
- Lincoln/North Woodstock 81 kilometers away
- New Hampshire 82 kilometers away
- Bennington 84 kilometers away
- Sugar Hill 88 kilometers away
- Lake George 99 kilometers away
- Burlington 110 kilometers away
- Bretton Woods 112 kilometers away
- Saratoga Springs 119 kilometers away
- North Conway 122 kilometers away
- Lake Placid 138 kilometers away
- Albany 148 kilometers away
- Lenox 155 kilometers away
- Stockbridge 163 kilometers away
- Kennebunkport 168 kilometers away
- Sturbridge 173 kilometers away
- Boston 184 kilometers away
- Newport, Rhode Island 258 kilometers away
- Provincetown 259 kilometers away
- Maine 273 kilometers away
- Falmouth 279 kilometers away
- Cape Cod 285 kilometers away
- Camden 285 kilometers away
- Hyannis 286 kilometers away
- New York State 287 kilometers away
- Martha's Vineyard 294 kilometers away
- Chatham 301 kilometers away
- Nantucket 328 kilometers away
- New York 343 kilometers away
- Ithaca 350 kilometers away
- Bar Harbor 356 kilometers away
- Rochester 416 kilometers away
- Philadelphia 464 kilometers away
Photos of Woodstock
Accommodation choices for Woodstock
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Woodstock. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
The Woodstocker B&B offers a home-away-from-home in the heart of Woodstock. With friendly, personable owners and charming New England country decor, it's ideal for exploring Vermont's countryside.
On The River Inn is a brand-new property located just outside of the pretty village of Woodstock, Vermont, by the banks of the Ottauquechee River.
The Woodstock Inn & Resort is centrally located in the pretty village of Woodstock, Vermont. The Inn boasts a refined and sophisticated atmosphere without pretension.