Visit Annapolis, USA
Annapolis, the capital of Maryland, enjoys a delightful location on Chesapeake Bay and has an engaging colonial feel.
Founded less than 30 years after the Puritans landed in Massachusetts, the town soon grew into a web of narrow, interwoven streets connecting over 400 houses and several large public buildings, many of which are still standing.
The town's most significant buildings are the 1779 Maryland State House and the Old Treasury Building dating from 1735. Among the town's many grand 18th-century buildings the most notable are the Hammond-Harwood House, a Palladian villa, and the William Paca House, both worth a visit.
The town also boasts the Banneker-Douglass Museum, which explains the town's history, the Waterfront Warehouse, which was used to store tobacco during colonial times, and many picturesque clapboard cottages.
Along the Chesapeake Bay waterfront you will find the rebuilt Market House and the US Naval Academy. This is a lovely, bustling area to stroll around as the harbour is still a working port.
Suggested itineraries featuring Annapolis
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Annapolis, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Annapolis
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Annapolis
- St. Michael's 32 kilometers away
- Baltimore 37 kilometers away
- Washington DC 48 kilometers away
- Gettysburg 115 kilometers away
- Lancaster 119 kilometers away
- Front Royal 148 kilometers away
- Philadelphia 158 kilometers away
- Richmond 181 kilometers away
- Williamsburg 192 kilometers away
- Charlottesville 203 kilometers away
- Virginia Beach 241 kilometers away
- New York 291 kilometers away
- Roanoke 357 kilometers away
- Ithaca 386 kilometers away
- Raleigh 405 kilometers away
- New York State 445 kilometers away
- Stockbridge 456 kilometers away
- Winston Salem 461 kilometers away
- Lenox 464 kilometers away
- Albany 470 kilometers away
- Rochester 475 kilometers away
- Buffalo 479 kilometers away