Visit Flagstaff, USA
Engaging natural wonders, invigorating outdoor recreation and fascinating cultural attractions make Flagstaff a great base for a few days. Set at the foot of the beautiful San Francisco Peaks, and surrounded by lush national forests, this lively, attractive city exemplifies Wild West charm whilst offering a wide range of year-round activities.
Flagstaff also has plenty of educational and cultural attractions; be sure to see the award-winning Native Peoples of the Colorado Plateau exhibit at the Museum of Northern Arizona which explains the cultures of the native Navajo, Havasupai and Hopi peoples. The Pioneer Museum offers a glimpse of what life was like for early settlers in the region and includes a 1929 Baldwin locomotive in its collection.
The city also has an arboretum and a planetarium, along with plenty of Route 66 nostalgia as Flagstaff was a significant destination along this iconic route. The entire area is a living anthropology and geology lesson, with ancient Native American ruins and stunning scenery at the Sunset Crater, Wupatki and Walnut Canyon National Monuments just waiting to be explored.
Map of Flagstaff
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Flagstaff
- Sedona 38 kilometers away
- Winslow 89 kilometers away
- Grand Canyon National Park 93 kilometers away
- Arizona 95 kilometers away
- Page 192 kilometers away
- Phoenix 199 kilometers away
- Kayenta, Monument Valley 213 kilometers away
- Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park 245 kilometers away
- Zion National Park 254 kilometers away
- Bryce Canyon National Park 272 kilometers away
- Las Vegas 336 kilometers away
- Tucson 338 kilometers away
- Torrey 346 kilometers away
- Mesa Verde National Park 365 kilometers away
- Canyonlands National Park 383 kilometers away
- Durango 410 kilometers away
- Moab 420 kilometers away
- Arches National Park 433 kilometers away
- Albuquerque 456 kilometers away
- Telluride 459 kilometers away
- Utah 460 kilometers away
- Palm Springs 473 kilometers away
Photos of Flagstaff
Accommodation choices for Flagstaff
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Flagstaff. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
The Little America Hotel is situated within 500 acres of ponderosa pine forest at the base of the San Francisco Peaks, making it ideally located for a wide variety of outdoor activities.
Situated just off old Route 66, close to historic downtown Flagstaff, the Radisson Woodlands Hotel provides easy access to a variety of outdoor activities.