Visit Grand Junction, USA
Grand Junction, a thriving town lying between fertile mountain valleys and open desert, owes its existence to the railway that was built here in the 1880s. The heart of the town is packed with tree-lined boulevards and a sculpture-adorned shopping district.
Grand Junction, USA
Grand Junction, a thriving town lying between fertile mountain valleys and open desert, owes its existence to the railway that was built here in the 1880s. Today the oil and gas industries are the main employers, and the heart of the town is packed with tree-lined boulevards and a sculpture-adorned shopping district.
Grand Junction lies close to the Black Ridge Canyons Wilderness Area but the highlight of any stay is the nearby Colorado National Monument. Here more than 200 million years of wind and water erosion have gouged out brightly coloured rock spires, arches, domes, pedestals and balanced rocks along a line of stunning cliffs. The warm reds, oranges and purples of the rock contrast beautifully with the arid vegetation of pine, yucca and sagebrush making it a very photogenic region.
Suggested Grand Junction itinerary
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Grand Junction, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Grand Junction
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Grand Junction
- Arches National Park 98 kilometers away
- Moab 103 kilometers away
- Telluride 141 kilometers away
- Canyonlands National Park 142 kilometers away
- Vail 198 kilometers away
- Mesa Verde National Park 205 kilometers away
- Durango 208 kilometers away
- Utah 248 kilometers away
- Torrey 264 kilometers away
- Colorado 266 kilometers away
- Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park 267 kilometers away
- Alamosa 294 kilometers away
- Estes Park 298 kilometers away
- Kayenta, Monument Valley 300 kilometers away
- Denver 316 kilometers away
- Colorado Springs 324 kilometers away
- Salt Lake City 342 kilometers away
- Page 350 kilometers away
- Bryce Canyon National Park 357 kilometers away
- Zion National Park 440 kilometers away
- Santa Fe 442 kilometers away
- Grand Canyon National Park 457 kilometers away
- Albuquerque 474 kilometers away