Visit Vail, USA
Vail, a succession of villages spread out along a valley floor, is well known for its world-class skiing but this affluent resort is also a popular summer destination.
Vail is the largest ski resort in the United States, and the second largest in the western hemisphere behind Whistler. The pristine mountain setting, immaculately kept lawns and pedestrian streets lined with special boutiques, art galleries, sports shops and restaurants give it a chocolate box charm.
Getting out of town is all important though, and one of the best ways to explore the region is to take the gondola up the mountain to get a spectacular perspective of the rugged Rockies or perhaps enjoy an invigorating mountain walk. Throughout the summer there are also free concerts in the pedestrianised village to enjoy.
Suggested itineraries featuring Vail
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Vail, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Vail
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Vail
- Aspen 64 kilometers away
- Colorado 92 kilometers away
- Estes Park 110 kilometers away
- Denver 120 kilometers away
- Colorado Springs 162 kilometers away
- Grand Junction 198 kilometers away
- Telluride 227 kilometers away
- Alamosa 246 kilometers away
- Durango 295 kilometers away
- Arches National Park 295 kilometers away
- Moab 299 kilometers away
- Mesa Verde National Park 325 kilometers away
- Canyonlands National Park 337 kilometers away
- Wyoming 386 kilometers away
- Utah 433 kilometers away
- Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park 439 kilometers away
- Santa Fe 442 kilometers away
- Torrey 462 kilometers away
- Kayenta, Monument Valley 469 kilometers away
Photos of Vail
Accommodation choices for Vail
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Vail. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Sitting at the foot of Vail Mountain, and only minutes from the Village of Vail, the Four Seasons Resort is a contemporary hotel offering rooms, suites and private residences.
The Sebastian is one of Vail’s newest and most stylish boutique luxury hotels. It features luxury hotel rooms and is located in the heart of Vail Village.