Visit Anna Maria Island, USA
Anna Maria Island sits a the southern mouth of Tampa Bay and is a wonderfully laid back place to visit. A mere seven miles in length the barrier island is most well known for the beautiful white-sand beaches that overlook the turquoise Gulf of Mexico and peninsular Florida.
Although in recent years there has been greater development the island provides a quieter alternative to the mainland and retains an old fashioned charm not widely found in Florida. The three small towns on the island, Anna Maria, Holmes Beach and Bradenton Beach operate at a slow pace but offer a good selection of restaurants, shops and local amenities.
A short 50 minute journey from Tampa Bay the island is easily accessed by road and connected to the mainland by two impressive bridges.
Map of Anna Maria Island
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Anna Maria Island
- Sarasota 27 kilometers away
- Clearwater 52 kilometers away
- Tampa 56 kilometers away
- Florida 125 kilometers away
- Fort Myers 128 kilometers away
- Sanibel Island & Captiva Island 131 kilometers away
- Crystal River 157 kilometers away
- Orlando 175 kilometers away
- Naples 178 kilometers away
- Cape Canaveral 230 kilometers away
- St Augustine 300 kilometers away
- Miami 317 kilometers away
- Key West 342 kilometers away
- Islamorada 355 kilometers away
- Tallahassee 361 kilometers away
- Fernandina Beach 373 kilometers away
- Jekyll Island 417 kilometers away
- Panama City Beach 424 kilometers away
Photos of Anna Maria Island
Accommodation choices for Anna Maria Island
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Anna Maria Island. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.