Islamorada is a small village made up of several beautiful Florida Keys Islands; with miles of white sandy beaches and a number of historic state parks, it is a perfect retreat approximately halfway between Miami and Key West.
Lignumvitae Key Botanical State Park and Indian Key Historic State Park, both only accessible by boat, offer fascinating insights into the diverse history of the Keys. Another popular spot, Robbie’s Marina, offers kayak and boat rental along with the opportunity see the school of around 100 tarpon that often linger around the quay.
Hire a bike to explore more of the area or simply relax at one of the excellent, beach-side restaurants where you can enjoy the fresh catch of the day.
Suggested Islamorada itinerary
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Islamorada, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Islamorada
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Islamorada
- Miami 105 kilometers away
- Key West 123 kilometers away
- Naples 180 kilometers away
- Sanibel Island & Captiva Island 228 kilometers away
- Fort Myers 229 kilometers away
- Sarasota 329 kilometers away
- Florida 334 kilometers away
- Anna Maria Island 355 kilometers away
- Tampa 384 kilometers away
- Cape Canaveral 387 kilometers away
- Clearwater 402 kilometers away
- Orlando 410 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Islamorada
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Islamorada. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.