Visit Santa Fe, USA
Santa Fe is one of the USA's oldest cities and was founded by Spanish missionaries a decade before the pilgrims reached Plymouth Rock.
Spread across a high plateau at the foot of the stunning Sangre de Cristo Mountains, New Mexico's capital still boasts original adobe houses and baroque churches while the newer museums and art galleries attract art lovers from all over the world.
The downtown part of the city is compact so it is pleasant to explore the attractive streets on foot. The old central plaza is still the heart of the town, especially during the annual Indian Market and during the Fiestas de Santa Fe. Don't miss the Palace of the Governors, the Museum of Fine Arts, the Georgia O'Keefe Museum, the San Miguel Mission and the appealing Barrio de Analco.
Two miles from downtown is the excellent Museum of International Folk Art and the Museum of Spanish Colonial Art. The town is a culinary hot spot and there are many excellent Mexican restaurants. Santa Fe is also strategically placed for visiting the Ancestral Puebloan ruins of the Bandelier National Monument and, further afield, Taos.
Suggested itineraries featuring Santa Fe
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Santa Fe, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Santa Fe
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Santa Fe
- Albuquerque 94 kilometers away
- New Mexico 140 kilometers away
- Alamosa 199 kilometers away
- Durango 248 kilometers away
- Mesa Verde National Park 284 kilometers away
- Telluride 302 kilometers away
- Colorado Springs 364 kilometers away
- Amarillo 376 kilometers away
- Colorado 392 kilometers away
- Aspen 400 kilometers away
- Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park 401 kilometers away
- Kayenta, Monument Valley 405 kilometers away
- Winslow 439 kilometers away
- Grand Junction 442 kilometers away
- Vail 442 kilometers away
- Moab 454 kilometers away
- Canyonlands National Park 458 kilometers away
- Denver 459 kilometers away
- Arches National Park 467 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Santa Fe
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Santa Fe. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.