Visit Newport, Oregon, USA
Newport, Oregon, USA
Newport, a pleasant little town with a rich maritime heritage, is located right on Oregon's Pacific coast.
This working port has a delightful waterfront where, among the shops, art galleries and seafood restaurants, hordes of sea lions rest on the wharves.
Close by lies lovely Nye Beach, a quiet oceanside gem, while to the south of the town, the Oregon Aquarium is home to sea otters, seals, tufted puffins as well as a shark-filled underwater tunnel.
Nearby Yaquina Head is an outstanding scenic area with a marine biology centre, lighthouse and man made tide pools constructed from a former quarry.
Map of Newport, Oregon
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Newport, Oregon
- Cannon Beach 140 kilometers away
- Portland 146 kilometers away
- Bend (Sisters) 203 kilometers away
- Mt. St. Helen's 226 kilometers away
- Crater Lake National Park 248 kilometers away
- Oregon 286 kilometers away
- Mount Rainier National Park 312 kilometers away
- Quinault 316 kilometers away
- Crescent City 321 kilometers away
- Seattle 356 kilometers away
- Lake Crescent 382 kilometers away
- Port Angeles 391 kilometers away
- Trinidad 399 kilometers away
- Eureka 428 kilometers away
- Washington State 445 kilometers away
Photos of Newport, Oregon
Accommodation choices for Newport, Oregon
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Newport, Oregon. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Although a B&B since 1996, the original lodge dates back to the 1940s and many of the original features are still visible.