Visit Bryce Canyon National Park, USA
A blanket of thousands of spires, fins, pinnacles and mazes of dazzlingly coloured rock cover the spectacular Bryce Canyon National Park in southwest Utah. Despite its name, the park does not protect a canyon but a series of giant natural amphitheatres along the eastern side of the Paunsaugunt Plateau.
This bizarre forest of oddly-shaped rocks known as 'hoodoos' was formed when the harder upper layers of limestone, sandstone and mudstone remained firm while the lower layers wore away leaving a vast and breathtaking landscape of jagged shoots.
Visitors can follow a network of walking trails around this surreal landscape to inspect the rocks at closer range and get panoramic views of the canyon floor. There are many scenic views into Bryce Amphitheatre, the best known of which are from Sunrise Point and Sunset Point, but possibly the most dramatic of all views is from Bryce Point. From here you can look upon most of the park itself as well as the Henry and Escalante Mountains.
Suggested itineraries featuring Bryce Canyon National Park
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Bryce Canyon National Park, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Bryce Canyon National Park
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Bryce Canyon National Park
- Zion National Park 84 kilometers away
- Page 100 kilometers away
- Torrey 103 kilometers away
- Grand Canyon National Park 181 kilometers away
- Kayenta, Monument Valley 196 kilometers away
- Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park 197 kilometers away
- Utah 204 kilometers away
- Canyonlands National Park 218 kilometers away
- Moab 255 kilometers away
- Arches National Park 260 kilometers away
- Flagstaff 272 kilometers away
- Sedona 306 kilometers away
- Las Vegas 314 kilometers away
- Winslow 316 kilometers away
- Mesa Verde National Park 332 kilometers away
- Salt Lake City 354 kilometers away
- Grand Junction 357 kilometers away
- Arizona 364 kilometers away
- Durango 382 kilometers away
- Telluride 386 kilometers away
- Death Valley National Park 452 kilometers away
- Phoenix 463 kilometers away
Photos of Bryce Canyon National Park
Accommodation choices for Bryce Canyon National Park
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Bryce Canyon National Park. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Surrounded by the stunning landscape of Bryce Canyon, this is a comfortable base from which to explore the national park's incredible natural amphitheatres and twisted rock formations.
Bryce Canyon Lodge has a rustic 1920s charm and is the only accommodation option in Bryce Canyon National Park, where you’ll be surrounded by dramatic and colourful rock formations.
Ideas for experiencing Bryce Canyon National Park
Our specialists seek out authentic ways to get to know the places that could feature in your trip. These activities reflect some of the experiences they've most enjoyed while visiting Bryce Canyon National Park, and which use the best local guides.
If you are looking for a scenic tour of the Bryce Canyon area, this one-and-a-half-hour horse ride takes in the Dixie National Forest and the rim of Water Canyon Amphitheatre.