Visit Salt Lake City, USA
Nestled at the foot of the Wasatch Mountains and next to the placid waters of the Great Salt Lake, the eponymous city is a prime destination for travellers interested in outdoor sports.
Salt Lake City hosted the winter Olympics in 2002 and although the athletes have departed, the revitalisation that was completed in preparation for the games is still evident.
Headquarters of the Mormon Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, many of the city's principal attractions focus on their history, especially the monumental temple itself, where visitors can hear the up-lifting Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
Suggested Salt Lake City itinerary
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Salt Lake City, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Salt Lake City
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Salt Lake City
- Utah 166 kilometers away
- Torrey 277 kilometers away
- Arches National Park 302 kilometers away
- Moab 316 kilometers away
- Canyonlands National Park 321 kilometers away
- Teton Village - Grand Teton National Park 327 kilometers away
- Grand Junction 342 kilometers away
- Bryce Canyon National Park 354 kilometers away
- Jackson - Grand Teton National Park 355 kilometers away
- Zion National Park 407 kilometers away
- Page 430 kilometers away
- Yellowstone National Park 442 kilometers away
- Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park 447 kilometers away
- Wyoming 448 kilometers away
- Aspen 465 kilometers away
- Kayenta, Monument Valley 471 kilometers away
- Telluride 472 kilometers away
- Cody 479 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Salt Lake City
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Salt Lake City. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.