The massive, awe-inspiring sandstone monoliths jutting skyward at Zion National Park are easily as impressive as the depths of the Grand Canyon. A majestic region of sheer cliffs, riverine forests and cascading waterfalls, the park is a riot of colour from sunrise to sunset, as the changing light plays across the deep red rocks creating a mesmerising light show.
The highlights of the park can most easily be seen by taking the six mile scenic drive, but it is certainly worthwhile spending time on foot exploring the park's many beautiful walking trails. The spectacular rock formations, rugged canyons, tumbling rivers and pine-clad peaks of Zion National Park provide a breathtaking backdrop for unparalleled walking, canyoning and climbing.
Some of Zion's most sensational sandstone monoliths such as the Great White Throne, Grand Staircase and Checkerboard Mesa are best appreciated from the challenging hiking trails between The Narrows and Canyon Overlook. It was the early Mormon settlers that named the canyon, along with some of its most famous features, including the Court of the Patriarchs, the Great White Throne and Angel's Landing.
Suggested itineraries featuring Zion National Park
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Zion National Park, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Zion National Park
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Zion National Park
- Bryce Canyon National Park 84 kilometers away
- Page 140 kilometers away
- Grand Canyon National Park 164 kilometers away
- Torrey 184 kilometers away
- Las Vegas 231 kilometers away
- Kayenta, Monument Valley 249 kilometers away
- Flagstaff 254 kilometers away
- Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park 258 kilometers away
- Utah 273 kilometers away
- Sedona 283 kilometers away
- Canyonlands National Park 301 kilometers away
- Winslow 319 kilometers away
- Moab 338 kilometers away
- Arches National Park 343 kilometers away
- Death Valley National Park 374 kilometers away
- Mesa Verde National Park 401 kilometers away
- Salt Lake City 407 kilometers away
- Phoenix 427 kilometers away
- Grand Junction 440 kilometers away
- Durango 453 kilometers away
- Telluride 464 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Zion National Park
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Zion National Park. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.