Visit Door Peninsula, USA
Door Peninsula, USA
Separating Green Bay from Lake Michigan, the Door Peninsula is popular for its 300 miles of picturesque shoreline and is known for its cherry and apple orchards.
While the peninsula is home to 11 lighthouses, the strait connecting it and nearby Washington Island to the rest of Lake Michigan is known as ‘Death’s Door’ due to the high number of ships that have sunk in its dangerous waters.
The peninsula’s five state parks, called the ‘five jewels in the crown’, and provide excellent opportunities for walking, cycling, swimming and fishing in beautiful surroundings.
Suggested Door Peninsula itinerary
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Door Peninsula, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Door Peninsula
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Door Peninsula
- Green Bay 72 kilometers away
- Traverse City and Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore 139 kilometers away
- Wisconsin 176 kilometers away
- Marquette 182 kilometers away
- Michigan 212 kilometers away
- Milwaukee 215 kilometers away
- Mackinac Island 239 kilometers away
- Chicago 339 kilometers away
- Isle Royale National Park 363 kilometers away
- Detroit 447 kilometers away
- Minneapolis and St Paul 458 kilometers away