Visit Cat Tien National Park, Vietnam
Nam Cat Tien National Park has an interesting recent history.
Located 93 miles (150 km) from Ho Chi Minh City, and 186 miles (300 km) from Buon Ma Thuot, it was heavily sprayed with defoliants during the Vietnam War but the large older trees survived, smaller plants recovered and the wildlife made a comeback.
Wildlife of Nam Cat Tien National Park
It is an extremely popular park with bird watchers due to the astounding variety of birdlife: it boasts 348 species of birds, 439 species of butterfly and over 100 mammals including wild cats, deer, elephants, monkeys and the rare Javan rhinoceros.
Map of Cat Tien National Park
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Cat Tien National Park
- Saigon 99 kilometers away
- Mui Ne & Phen Thiet 112 kilometers away
- Dalat 140 kilometers away
- Central Highlands 159 kilometers away
- Buon Ma Thuot 161 kilometers away
- Cai Be 188 kilometers away
- Can Tho 227 kilometers away
- Mekong Delta 227 kilometers away
- Nha Trang 229 kilometers away
- Chau Doc 249 kilometers away
- Con Dao Islands 316 kilometers away
- Kon Tum 331 kilometers away
- Qui Nhon 335 kilometers away
- Phu Quoc 381 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Cat Tien National Park
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Cat Tien National Park. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Forest Floor Lodge overlooks the rapids of Ben Cu on the Dong Nai River, within the boundaries of the Nam Cat Tien National Park.