Visit Cai Be, Vietnam
Cai Be is a small town on the northern side of My Thuan Bridge, located two hours from Saigon, and the gateway to Vinh Long province and the whole of the Mekong Delta.
There is a bustling floating retail market here ideally explored by sampan before midday.
There are also some old houses in Dong Hoa Hiep Commune, Cai Be. Best preserved ones include Ba Duc Old House, Cai Huy Old House and Anh Kiet Old House. They were built in old architecture typical in the region. Some were restored under the cooperation program of Vietnamese government and Japanese organization, JICA.
Many of the small boats that cruise through the mekong Delta start from here, and there is a thriving dock land area.
Suggested itineraries featuring Cai Be
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Cai Be, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Cai Be
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Cai Be
- Can Tho 43 kilometers away
- Mekong Delta 43 kilometers away
- Saigon 94 kilometers away
- Chau Doc 97 kilometers away
- Cat Tien National Park 188 kilometers away
- Con Dao Islands 201 kilometers away
- Phu Quoc 214 kilometers away
- Mui Ne & Phen Thiet 245 kilometers away
- Dalat 324 kilometers away
- Central Highlands 343 kilometers away
- Buon Ma Thuot 344 kilometers away
- Nha Trang 412 kilometers away