Visit Riverside-Albert, Canada
A magnificent ravine carved by crooked creek serves as one of the backdrops to the sleepy village of Riverside-Albert, nestled at the point where the Shepody River flows through the extensive marshlands to the Shepody Bay.
The Bay of Fundy tidal bore sweeps up-stream twice a day and can vary from a few centimeters to a meter in height depending on weather conditions and the phase of the moon.
Magnetic Hill is another extraordinary local phenomenon where vehicles are perceived to travel uphill without any power.
Today, Riverside-Albert is more highly appreciated for the beautiful homes and buildings of historic architecture located along sedate and shaded streets.
Nearby, the Crooked Creek Lookout affords spectacular views of the Crooked Creek gorge, especially during the fall foliage season. Two of Albert County's historic covered bridges are in Riverside-Albert.
Map of Riverside-Albert
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Riverside-Albert
- West Point 63 miles away
- Saint John 73 miles away
- Kouchibouguac National Park 75 miles away
- Prince Edward Island 80 miles away
- Annapolis Royal 80 miles away
- Cavendish 83 miles away
- The Bay of Fundy 84 miles away
- Charlottetown 85 miles away
- Halifax 95 miles away
- New Brunswick 96 miles away
- Lunenburg 98 miles away
- Pictou 98 miles away
- Nova Scotia 113 miles away
- Spry Point 119 miles away
- Saint Andrews by-the-Sea 122 miles away
- Liscomb Mills 138 miles away
- Caraquet 140 miles away
- Charlos Cove 169 miles away
- Îles de la Madeleine 175 miles away
- Cape Breton & Cabot Trail 195 miles away
- The Gaspé Peninsula 214 miles away
- Ingonish 217 miles away
- Louisbourg 230 miles away
- Anticosti Island 271 miles away
- La Malbaie 289 miles away
- Charlevoix & Saguenay - Lac St. Jean 293 miles away