Longido sits in the remote north of Tanzania, just above Mount Meru and close to the Kenyan border. This part of Tanzania is the heart of Maasailand, and you'll often see a flash of red among the trees as the Maasai Morani stride through the countryside.
A small number of antelope and plains game can be spotted in the more remote areas, and brightly colored birds flit among the acacia trees. Great herds of cows (and the odd goat too) are tended by the younger boys, and manyattas are scattered across the landscape.
On the skyline, Mount Longido towers over the area, and on a clear day Mt Kilimanjaro can even be seen in the far distance.
Map of Longido
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Longido
- West Kilimanjaro 33 miles away
- Arusha 45 miles away
- Mount Kilimanjaro 52 miles away
- Lake Natron 52 miles away
- Ol Doinyo Lengai 54 miles away
- Lake Manyara National Park 78 miles away
- Karatu 82 miles away
- Ngorongoro Crater 91 miles away
- Northern Tanzania 91 miles away
- Tarangire National Park 102 miles away
- Lake Eyasi 128 miles away
- Serengeti National Park 140 miles away
- Tanzania's Swahili Coast 248 miles away
- Saadani 265 miles away
- Bagamoyo 299 miles away