We work very hard to keep the information you give us safe. We follow strict security procedures on how your personal information is stored and used, and who sees it, to help stop any unauthorised person getting hold of it.
We collect personal details, such as your name, address and email address only when you use our website to send us an enquiry, order a brochure, register with us for competitions, promotions or sign up to receive email newsletters from us. We will only use that information to respond to your message and to help us get you the information or services you have requested. Remember that email is not necessarily secure. You should never send sensitive or personal information by email. Where we use forms to collect sensitive data, the page will be clearly marked as being secure and a “padlock” icon will display in your browser (usually bottom right).
We collect personal information from you in two main ways:
Automatically Collected Information
We collect and temporarily store certain technical information about your visit for use in site management and security purposes. This information includes:
- The Internet domain from which you access our Web site
- The type of browser (e.g., Netscape, Internet Explorer) used to access our site
- The operating system (Windows, Unix) used to access our site
- The date and time you access our site
- The URLs of the pages you visit
- The URL of the website or link you used to access our website
This information is only used to help us make our site more useful for you. With this data we learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use. No attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are retained temporarily as required for security and site management purposes only.
Information Collected for Tracking (Cookies)
We use “cookies” to store and collect information regarding your usage of the website. Cookies are small files placed on your computer’s hard drive, or in your browser memory, when you visit our website. Your computer will only share the information in the cookie with the website that provided it, and no other website can request it. There are two types of cookies, session and persistent. Session cookies last only as long as your web browser is open. Once you close your browser, the cookie disappears. Persistent cookies store information on your computer for longer periods of time - typically up to 3 months. Audley’s websites may use both types of cookies.
At no time is your private information, whether stored in persistent cookies or elsewhere, shared with third parties who have no right to that information. If you do not wish to have session or persistent cookies stored on your machine, you can turn them off in your browser.
Find out more about our cookies...
We may record telephone calls to ensure quality of service and for training purposes.
Audley Travel Traveller App
1. Introduction: This application (“App”) has been developed and is operated and maintained by or on behalf of Audley Travel Group Ltd (“Audley Travel“, “we” or “us“).
Audley Travel is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information whilst striving to provide the very best user experience. We want our apps to be safe and enjoyable for everyone. Under the Data Protection Act 1998 and related laws, we have a legal duty to protect the personal information we collect from you.
2. The types of personal information we collect and how we collect it:
Information you provide upon entering a promotion or competition run in an App: if you enter a promotion or competition run in the App we will use your personal information in accordance with the terms of the promotion or competition.
Information you provide when taking part in a poll or survey run in an App: if you take part in a poll or survey run in an App we will use your personal information in accordance with the terms of the poll or survey.
Email communications: we use web beacons in our emails to track the success of our marketing campaigns. Our web beacons don’t store any information on your computer but, by communicating with our cookies on your computer, they can tell us when you have opened an email from us. We may keep track of the emails that we send you. We also keep a record of what communications you have selected to receive or not to receive. If you would like to opt out of receiving such emails, please click the “unsubscribe” link in the email and follow the instructions.
3. How we use the information that we collect
The relevant App Store owns the information it collects when you purchase this App through the App Store. They may share some of that information with us, depending on the selections you have made. We will use it, as applicable, to:
- Provide you with services or information that you have requested or products or services that you have ordered, such as Apps and subscriptions to Apps
- Confirm or fulfill an order you have submitted
- Inform you if you have won a prize
- Monitor or improve the performance of, and products and services available through, this App
- Monitor compliance with our terms and conditions of use of the App, enforce our rights and protect the safety of others including investigating and if necessary removing any content about which we receive a complaint
- Send you promotional materials or special offers on our behalf or on behalf of our group companies and marketing partners. If you do not want to receive this marketing information you can notify us of this as part of the App Store registration process and/or App purchase process. You can stop receiving this information at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions on the correspondence you receive or by amending your marketing preferences, normally in the App Store account management section
- For any purpose if we are required to do so by any law or other regulatory or government authority