Custom built for environmentally responsible, small-ship cruising, the Coral Discoverer’s refined steering capabilities, active stabilizers, shallow draft and nimble Xplorer tender bring guests closer to remote coasts and communities. A maximum of 72 guests ensures an intimate atmosphere, while warm Australian hospitality and personal service quickly make you feel at home.
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
An island state renowned for its pastoral farmland, ancient forests, white cliffs and rugged mountains, Tasmania rewards visitors with untamed wilderness and teeming wildlife. A cruise aboard the Coral Discoverer gives guests unparalleled access to the bountiful natural surroundings with small group trips offering an intimate experience of Freycinet, Tasman and Maria Island national parks, and Port Davey Wilderness World Heritage Area. Back on board, stylish decor and top-notch service complement the expert onshore guides offering a comprehensive overview of the island’s geological, historical and cultural story as well as its cool-climate wines and artisan produce.
Contemporary design in neutral tones gives the 36 staterooms a tranquil, modern character. The cabins are spread over three decks and all have sea-facing windows, twin or junior king beds, en suite bathrooms, daily service and evening turndown. The six Bridge Deck Balcony Staterooms have private balconies offering expansive views.
- Regionally inspired menus featuring locally sourced ingredients, house beer and wine
- Open, single seating dining
- Hot or continental buffet breakfast and lunch served in the Dining Room
- Multi-course table d’hote dinner
- Daily, freshly made canapés and treats to welcome you back from trips
- Tea and coffee available throughout the day
- Curated wine cellar featuring boutique wines and exceptional vintage Australian reds
- Water stations to refill your complimentary, environmentally friendly bottle
- Tasmania – 7 nights Hobart/Hobart (Jan to March)
- The Kimberley – 10 nights between Broome and Darwin and vice versa (April to October)
- Ningaloo Reef – 12 nights Broome to Broome (September)
Spend time in the cultural hub of Darwin.
Explore Litchfield National Park and Mary River Wetlands.
Discover the Kimberley region onboard a 10-night Coral Expeditions cruise.
Relax in the cosmopolitan town of Broome and near the beautiful Cable Beach.
- Daily educational lectures
- Daily shore excursions
- Documentary presentations
- Use of Xplorer and Zodiac tenders
- Open bridge
- Engine tours
- Kayak trips
- Scuba diving and snorkeling
- Indoor/outdoor lounge areas
- Sun deck
- Wraparound promenade deck
- Reference library
- Three cocktail bars
- Laundry service
- Chargeable Wi-Fi
- Gift shop