Tour Alcatraz and cycle across the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco.
Go whale watching in Monterey, looking out for orcas and humpback whales.
Drive along the Pacific Coast Highway with its dramatic views of the rugged coastline and the ocean.
Relax on the soft sands of Pismo Beach.
Enjoy the sparkle of Hollywood and Beverly Hills in Los Angeles.
These itineraries are designed to give you some suggestions for what is possible when you travel in California, and they showcase some of the routes that we’ve found work particularly well.
Unfortunately no tours matched your search criteria.
Stay on Coronado Island, one of the top places to walk to and relax on the beach.
Kayak along the California coastline taking in the natural caves and marine wildlife.
Explore the USS Midway Museum.
Enjoy a variety of small shops and restaurants on Coronado Island.
Take a ride up the Aerial Tramway for a bird's-eye view of Palm Springs.
Explore the homes of the rich and famous on an architecture tour of Palm Springs.
Spend a day discovering the unique landscape of Joshua Tree National Park.
Visit the infamous San Andreas Fault.
- The B&B has four private onsite cottages with fully equipped kitchens.
- The inn is situated a short walk from the main retail district in Santa Barbara.
- A huge variety of fresh, homemade dishes for breakfast.
- An ideal location for exploring, only five minutes to the beach and 20 minutes to the Old Mission.
- Each room is unique, with either views over mountains and beach or fireplaces and Jacuzzi baths.
Cycle over Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito.
Take a walk with a local guide and learn about different neighborhoods in San Francisco.
Enjoy a full day of privately guided hiking in Yosemite National Park.
Try rock climbing in Yosemite National Park.
Hawaii and California
Explore Maui's white-sand beaches.
Experience the heat of Kilauea Volcano.
Snorkel with sea turtles, whales and dolphins.
Between January and March you can also take a boat trip on the Pacific Ocean to see majestic humpback whales at sunrise.
- Enjoy dinner with stunning ocean views at the award-winning Sierra Mar restaurant.
- The hotel only has 39 rooms for a cozy feel with exquisite service.
- Enjoy the serene natural beauty of the area with a guided hike or in house stargazing.
- The style of the hotel is both elegant and natural, combining organic materials and modern design.
- The best views over the Pacific Ocean can be enjoyed from the cliff top basking pools.
Spend five nights at a luxury ranch in a pristine valley in Montana.
Try out a variety of activities at the ranch, including horseback riding, fly-fishing for cutthroat trout, and mountain biking.
Unwind by relaxing in a cliff-side resort overlooking Laguna Beach.
Filter by destination
Filter by category
Some of our favorite travel guides
- Family vacations in California
- What to do in Yosemite National Park: our highlights guide
- Self-drive vacations in California
- Driving California's Pacific Coast Highway
Family vacations in California
USA specialist David picks some of his highlights for a family vacation in California. From enjoying the different cultures in San Francisco to whale watching in Monterey, touring the film studies in Los Angeles to exploring Redwood National Park, California has a range of experiences for all ages.View this travel guide
What to do in Yosemite National Park: our highlights guide
Yosemite in California is one of America's most visited national parks. In order to get the most from your trip we highlight some of the finest trails and accommodation as well as recommending the best time to visit.View this travel guide
Self-drive vacations in California
Take a fly-drive along the California coast and explore some of the region’s most captivating towns, cities and national parks, from glamorous LA, home of the US film industry, to the dramatic geological spectacles of Yosemite National Park.View this travel guide
Driving California's Pacific Coast Highway
Experience some of California's most impressive scenery on a drive along its central coast on Highway 1, taking in the sights of San Francisco, Los Angeles and everything in between. US specialist, Alex, discusses the route’s highlights, from laid-back beach communities to historic towns and vibrant cities.View this travel guide