The best time to visit Fiji depends on what you want to do while you’re there. It has a warm, tropical climate year-round, with minimal extremes, but there are distinct wet and dry seasons.
The wet season lasts from November to April, and the dry season runs from May to October. Temperatures throughout the year are pleasant, rarely dropping below 68°F, and there is plenty of sunshine.
Creating tailor-made tours for over 25 years
Month-by-month guide for traveling in Fiji
Visiting Fiji in November - April
Although officially considered the wet season, the period between November and April can still be a good time to visit. The higher temperatures do result in storms bringing wind and rain, but these pass very quickly. The prices are lower at this time of year and there are fewer visitors too. The tropical climate helps sustain Fiji's vibrant and colorful flora and fauna, which is particularly impressive at this time of year.
Events & Festivals
- Diwali Festival (November): Diwali is recognized across Fiji. Although it's the Hindu festival of lights, every local resident — regardless of their religion — seems to put candles out and set off fireworks.
Visiting Fiji in May - October
The dry season is cooler and less humid than the wet season and a more popular time of the year to travel. The waters encircling Fiji's islands are warm and perfect for swimming, snorkeling or diving, while the beaches are at their pristine best. Although it can be busy in certain resorts there are enough locations on land or on water for some rest and relaxation.
Events & Festivals
- Bula festival (July): Celebrated in Nadi, this festival brings the city to a standstill with marching bands and a lively parade complete with dancers and hundreds of entertainers in traditional Fijian costumes.
- Independence Week (October): A nationwide celebration of independence with a week of religious and cultural ceremonies and events.
Why travel with Audley?
- 100% tailor-made tours
- Fully protected travel
- Established for over 25 years
- 98% of our clients would recommend us
Practical tips for traveling to Fiji, from social protocols to guidance on money matters, with a link to the latest government travel advice.
Request a brochure
Our detailed brochures feature trip ideas and travel experiences recommended by our specialists.