The graceful grande dame of Biarritz, the stately Hôtel du Palais dates to the days of Napoleon III, who commissioned a palace here so he could enjoy the city’s wide golden beaches. Today, it’s the grandest of the city’s seaside resorts, overlooking the water at the very start of the beachfront promenade. The 142 rooms are all generously sized and decorated with a breezy palette of blue and white and warm sand, with nods to the classical elegance of the 19th century.
The hotel is a short stroll from the city’s many eateries, but also boasts some of the best restaurants in Biarritz. You might enjoy an evening drink in the Napoleon III bar, decorated with imperial blue and bright gold, or settle in for a gastronomic adventure at La Rotonde, where you can enjoy Basque dishes with an ocean view. If the beach isn’t relaxing enough, you can also spend time getting pampered in the elegant spa.
Speak to someone
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
Photos of Hôtel du Palais
This is the crown jewel of Biarritz for a reason. We love it for its history and elegance, yes, but also its generous rooms, seaside location, and the wide assortment of eateries.
The 142 rooms and suites all share a summery palette of white and golden beige, with blue accents and decor that recalls the elegance of the Second Empire. You can choose from a wide range of categories, but all are generously sized and offer a luxe suite of amenities, including free Wi-Fi. If you have children you may want to opt for the Family Suite, which have two bedrooms.
The beachfront locale is fit for a king, with wide views of the Atlantic and close proximity to two of the city’s best beaches: Plage Miramar and Plage de Biarritz. It’s close to the casino and many other great restaurants in the city as well.
Food and drink
- The elegant La Rotonde serves a Basque-influenced menu with views of the ocean.
- Light meals, tea, and coffee at Le Lounge.
- Cocktails at Le Bar Napoleon III.
- Outdoor dining on The Terrace.
- Le Sunset offers casual poolside dining during warmer months.
- Room service available year-round.
- Family suites have two bedrooms.
- A children’s club runs during the summer and school holidays.
- Cribs available upon request.
Facilities and activities
- Sprawling spa area with indoor pool, jetted tub, two saunas, and two hammams.
- Outdoor pool.
- Fitness and cardio-training room with personal trainers available.
- Schedule of yoga classes, aqua training, and more.
- Golf can be arranged.
- Umbrellas and towels for the beach.
- Laundry available.
- Pet friendly.