Blanket Bay brings all the comforts of the 21st century to a region where settlers once built shelters out of stitched blankets, on the remote shores of Lake Wakatipu. Framed by the peaks of the Humboldt Mountains and just 35 scenic minutes' drive from Queenstown, Blanket Bay Lodge is a haven of peace and tranquility in a sublime setting. Each room, either in the main lodge or one of the two chalets, offers panoramic views of mountains, rivers, the lake and sky. Timber, stone and period style furnishings have been artfully melded to create this truly unique lodge, where attention to detail is key and every need is met.
Blanket Bay not only offers the ultimate in luxury accommodation, but also an unsurpassed list of activities and experiences available from the property, from heli-skiing and flight-seeing to horse riding and hiking. This is one of the most exclusive and luxurious lodges in the country, indeed the world.
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
Photos of Blanket Bay
Tour ideas in Glenorchy
Our itineraries are there to spark ideas for how you could include a stay at Blanket Bay as part of your trip. Treat them simply as suggestions, because every aspect of the trip we create for you will be yours to define.
New ZealandView this tour
Location & places nearby
Places & hotels on the map
Glenorchy and nearby places
- Queenstown 29 kilometers away
- Arrowtown 36 kilometers away
- Milford Sound 44 kilometers away
- Lake Wanaka 62 kilometers away
- Te Anau & Manapouri 81 kilometers away
- Doubtful Sound 118 kilometers away
- Twizel 152 kilometers away
- South Island 178 kilometers away
- Mount Cook National Park 186 kilometers away
- Lake Tekapo 192 kilometers away