Set in the beautiful Arthur's Pass, Wilderness Lodge was created as an environmental retreat in the heart of the Southern Alps. You can explore the walking trails with a specialist nature guide or wander around the 3,000 hectare sheep station with its 4,000 Merino sheep and 200 Angus cows and you can try your hand at shearing or mustering with sheep dogs.
The lodge is comfortable, with great views over 40 miles of mountains from giant panoramic windows in the restaurant. The rooms are spacious and all have great views — best enjoyed in silence, so there are no TVs or radios. Complimentary guided nature and farm/sheep shearing activities are included with your stay. The program varies daily and consists of two shorter guided activities (1 to 1.5 hours) one of which always starts at 5.00pm.
Speak to someone
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
Photos of Wilderness Lodge
Tour ideas in Arthur's Pass National Park
Our itineraries are there to spark ideas for how you could include a stay at Wilderness Lodge as part of your trip. Treat them simply as suggestions, because every aspect of the trip we create for you will be yours to define.
New ZealandView this tour
Location & places nearby
Places & hotels on the map
Arthur's Pass National Park and nearby places
- Hokitika 66 kilometers away
- Punakaiki 107 kilometers away
- Christchurch 98 kilometers away
- Hanmer Springs 113 kilometers away
- Fox & Franz Josef Glaciers 141 kilometers away
- Lake Tekapo 143 kilometers away
- Mount Cook National Park 147 kilometers away
- Akaroa & Banks Peninsula 138 kilometers away
- South Island 162 kilometers away
- Kaikoura 181 kilometers away