Chada Camp is hidden by acacia and tamarind trees and overlooks the plains. The six golden brown safari tents have high beds, simple furniture and are decked with cool, cream-colored fabrics.
Connected to the tents your private canvas bathroom houses a tin ceramic basin and eco-flush loo. Beyond this lies your shower, open to the stars and with lovely views out into the bush. To the front of each tent is a small veranda, with canvas safari chairs and a small table. It's a perfect spot to sit and read in the early afternoons, or watch dawn creep across the sky with a morning coffee.
The main dining area is under canvas, but open on two sides, and it's possible to see birds, and occasionally animals, wandering by as you eat. Not fenced, it's wonderfully wild and old fashioned. There's also a small library tent where you can enjoy reading about the history of the park and some of the great explorers who spent their time in Katavi.
Speak to someone
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
Photos of Chada Camp
Location & places nearby
Places & hotels on the map
Alternative places to stay nearby
Where possible, we like to offer a range of accommodation for each stop of your trip, chosen by our specialists as some of their favorite places to stay. To help you make the right choice, we give each property a rating based on its facilities and service, but we also look for hotels with distinct character or a location that can’t be bettered.
Katavi National Park
Katavi National Park and nearby places
- Western Tanzania 33 kilometers away
- Mahale Mountains National Park 165 kilometers away
- Ruaha National Park 384 kilometers away
- Rubondo Island 511 kilometers away
- Lake Eyasi 562 kilometers away
- Southern Tanzania 590 kilometers away
- Tarangire National Park 618 kilometers away
- Northern Tanzania 625 kilometers away
- Ngorongoro Crater 625 kilometers away
- Serengeti National Park 631 kilometers away