Visit Orpheus Island, Australia
Orpheus Island is located 80 km off the coast from Townsville in far north Queensland, on the edge of the Great Barrier Reef.
The island is blessed with pristine beaches, lush rainforest and fringing reefs so provides the perfect location from which to relax and unwind in idyllic surroundings.
The entire island is national park and if you can drag yourself away from the beach then you may like to explore some of the walking trails that spider throughout the island.
Map of Orpheus Island
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Orpheus Island
- Atherton Tablelands 190 kilometers away
- Cairns 205 kilometers away
- Palm Cove 227 kilometers away
- Port Douglas 262 kilometers away
- Daintree Forest & Cape Tribulation 292 kilometers away
- Airlie Beach 297 kilometers away
- The Whitsunday Islands 317 kilometers away
- Hamilton Island 322 kilometers away
- Cooktown 376 kilometers away
- The Great Barrier Reef 390 kilometers away
- Lizard Island 454 kilometers away
Photos of Orpheus Island
Accommodation choices for Orpheus Island
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Orpheus Island. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Located right on the Great Barrier Reef, Orpheus Island Resort offers a luxurious retreat for those who want to escape from the stresses of everyday life.