Visit Orpheus Island, Australia
Orpheus Island is located 80 km off the coast from Townsville in far north Queensland, on the edge of the Great Barrier Reef.
The island is blessed with pristine beaches, lush rainforest and fringing reefs so provides the perfect location from which to relax and unwind in idyllic surroundings.
The entire island is national park and if you can drag yourself away from the beach then you may like to explore some of the walking trails that spider throughout the island.
Map of Orpheus Island
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Orpheus Island
- Atherton Tablelands 118 miles away
- Cairns 127 miles away
- Palm Cove 141 miles away
- Port Douglas 163 miles away
- Daintree Forest & Cape Tribulation 182 miles away
- Airlie Beach 185 miles away
- The Whitsunday Islands 197 miles away
- Hamilton Island 200 miles away
- Cooktown 234 miles away
- The Great Barrier Reef 243 miles away
- Lizard Island 282 miles away
Photos of Orpheus Island
Accommodation choices for Orpheus Island
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Orpheus Island. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Located right on the Great Barrier Reef, Orpheus Island Resort offers a luxurious retreat for those who want to escape from the stresses of everyday life.