As the monsoon season ends, October heralds the return of warm, sunny days, particularly in the north of India. The south can experience showers, but this creates vivid-green landscapes and freshens the air, making it a great time to explore outdoors, albeit with a waterproof jacket to hand. Average temperatures fall between 20°C and 30°C (68°F and 86°F). Despite the pleasant conditions, visitor numbers are still lower than in the coming months of November to January, so you can enjoy popular sights without the crowds. Your visit might also fall during Diwali, when everywhere is illuminated with candles, lights and fireworks.
- Don't miss: An expert guide to experiencing festivals in India
- Flight time: 8½ hours (New Delhi)
- Time difference: UTC +5:30
- October Temperature (Day): 9 to 33°C, depending on region
- October rainfall: 0 to 376mm, varies by region