Relax and enjoy one of the most beautiful beaches on Mauritius.
Explore the island's coastline by kayak or canoe.
Savour the decadent cuisine and attention to detail in one of the hotel's seven restaurants.
Take advantage of the many children's activities at the Belle Mare Plage.
Beyond Mauritius’s pristine coves and blue lagoons, you’ll find traditional Creole villages, French-colonial villas, spice-laden markets and great swathes of virgin rainforest. Aiming to take you closer to Mauritian culture, each of our itinerary ideas for this Indian Ocean island has been designed by one of our specialists from their first-hand experiences of visiting.
Many of our tour suggestions combine two of Mauritius’s landscapes, pairing the highlands with the beach. We want to make sure you can experience the biodiversity of the island, as well as a touch of its more luxurious side, depending on where your interests lie.
Speak to someone
who's been there
- 01993 838 520
- Make an enquiry
Our recommended tours in Mauritius
These itineraries are designed to give you some suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Mauritius, and they showcase some of the routes that we’ve found work particularly well. Treat them simply as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely for you by one of our specialists based on your particular tastes and interests.
Unfortunately no tours matched your search criteria.
Relax on the beautiful sandy beach - book in hand and cold drink on the table beside you.
Pamper yourself with a relaxing spa treatment.
Book a car for the day and set off for a hike in the mountains before descending to a sandy beach for a spot of sunbathing and swimming.
- There are two fantastic 18 hole championship golf courses right at the hotel.
- Amazing choice of dinner venue with seven restaurants and six bars.
- Constance kids' club provides children with activities and adventures during their stay.
- Bordering 2 km of pristine white sand beaches surrounded by lush gardens.
- Onsite dive centre for guests to learn their open water diving qualification.
- The ecolodge is set in the heart of the stunning Black River gorges nature reserve.
- Only 10 to 15 minutes away from the islands most beautiful beaches.
- 20 individual lodges are set in stunning mature gardens, with outdoor showers and natural décor.
- Dine alfresco on delicious Mauritian dishes fresh from the barbecue.
- Proud of their five-star service, guests can enjoy a relaxing holiday with excellent & attentive staff.
- Freshly caught fish is served in front of dazzling Indian Ocean views at Pink Peppercorn.
- Deluxe suites have private terraces and personal access to the beachfront.
- Five minutes away from the resort is the stunning Tamarina Golf Course.
- Hotel has an experienced water sports team offering guests the best ways to explore the ocean.
- Exceptional service and a stunning location at this Relais and Chateaux property.
- Intimate feel and personalised touches, with just 29 rooms and 7 suites.
- Stunning dishes served on the oldest motorboat in Mauritius, MS Lady Lisbeth.
- Take a sunset or island-hopping cruise on the hotel's traditional barge.
- Spend the day on the golf course at Montchoisey golf club just 5 km away.
- Enjoy delicious Mauritian cuisine right on the beach, with the sand under your feet.
- All rooms have a private terrace overlooking the azure waters of the coral lagoon.
- Guests have access to many non-motorised water activities to explore the ocean.
- The hotel also offers scuba diving with the Belle Mare diving centre for guests.
- Luxurious adults-only resort with a gorgeous pool overlooking the white sand beach and blue ocean.
- Three delicious onsite restaurants serve local fresh produce, specialising in Mauritian French fusion dishes.
- Suites have second story private balconies overlooking the resort and out to the ocean.
- The onsite spa offers relaxing beauty treatments using nourishing Thalago products.
- Stay in a beautiful colonial mansion house belonging to the same family since 1830.
- The house is set in sweeping, manicured gardens with ancient trees and lush green lawns.
- En suite rooms are individually designed and offer original charm with four-poster beds and teak furnishings.
- Dine on the wonderful open-air terrace at the restaurant, overlooking the gardens.
- Twelve tantalising restaurants offer a variety of world cuisine in unique locations around the resort.
- Wide range of water sports to explore the local marine life.
- Set within 1,300 hectares of nature reserve allows for walks through protected tropical forest.
- Enjoy 18 holes at the Heritage Golf club, known as the best course in the Indian Ocean.
- Access to the only beach club on Mauritius' south coast.
See more of Mauritius with a stay in both the north and the quieter south coast, ending with a relaxing stay on a stunning beach at a luxury resort.
- The hotel sits on a mile of white sand beach surrounded by lush tropical gardens.
- Release all tensions with stretching, Pilates, yoga and meditation classes.
- Dine in the traditional Plantation house by the beach and taste the freshest seafood.
- Luxurious, traditional design of the rooms is inspired by a Mauritian Plantation house.
- The East Coast is well known to have hidden coves, vibrant lagoons and excellent dive sites.
Mauritius and South Africa
Spend an exciting few days on safari in South Africa before flying over to Mauritius for a relaxing week in a charming, boutique hotel.
- Enjoy refined Mauritian cuisine with delicious wine pairings at the Archipel restaurant.
- Take a lesson with the resident golf pro at the onsite 18 hole championship course.
- Junior suites on stilts give unique views over the turquoise ocean.
- Dine over the ocean at the floating Le Barachois restaurant for the ultimate romantic evening.
- Luxurious infinity pool overlooking the Indian Ocean.
Mauritius and South Africa
Enjoy a fantastic safari in South Africa followed by relaxation at the beautiful 5* Constance Le Prince Maurice Resort in Mauritius.
- Located on the pristine white sands of Turtle Bay, which is a protected marine park.
- Luxury thatched villas have private verandas and their own heated swimming pools.
- Dine in the unique 18th century Gunpowder room and enjoy a delicious food focussing on Creole flavours.
- Dive into the clear waters of the Indian Ocean to discover the native corals and marine life.
- Surprise your loved one by organising a private romantic beachside dinner under the stars.
Mauritius and South Africa
A perfect combination of 'Big 5' safari in the Sabi Sands and ultimate relaxation at the Oberoi in Mauritius.
Filter by category
Some of our favourite travel guides
- Honeymoons in Mauritius
- The best luxury holidays on Mauritius
- What to do in Mauritius: our highlights guide
- A seasonal guide to Mauritius
- Family holidays in Mauritius
- Mauritius beyond the beach: tea, chateaux and samosas
Honeymoons in Mauritius
Audley Mauritius specialist Lucy explains what makes this the ideal honeymoon destination. White sand beaches and superb hotels make it the perfect place to unwind and relax. You can also combine your honeymoon in Mauritius with a safari.View this travel guide
The best luxury holidays on Mauritius
Mauritius’s pearl-white beaches are backed with luxurious hotels, where the restaurants are world-class and nothing’s too much trouble. Our specialists have come together to suggest the best of the best, from a pampering spa retreat to a laid-back boutique stay, from a destination that’s popular among the Audley team.View this travel guide
What to do in Mauritius: our highlights guide
Mauritius is renowned for its sand-rimmed lagoons and cobalt-blue seas, but head inland and you can trek volcanic mountain ranges, explore painted temples and spot rare wildlife. Mauritius specialist, Natalie Jenkins, shares her knowledge of the island.View this travel guide
A seasonal guide to Mauritius
When to sample the sweetest fruits, surf a reef break or swim in the calmest waters. We share our insights into the best times to visit, whether you’re interested in the natural world, seasonal food or water sports.View this travel guide
Family holidays in Mauritius
Plan your family holiday in Mauritius with country specialist Natalie. Her highlights include snorkeling in Blue Bay National Marine Park, trying the activities on offer in Casela Nature and Leisure Park, and spotting wildlife in the Vallée de Ferney.View this travel guide
Mauritius beyond the beach: tea, chateaux and samosas
Lauded as a beach destination, Mauritius is far more than just that. The island is a medley of cultures that, over the years, have blended into a Creole-Indian-French mix that’s very much Mauritian. Specialist Daniel picks some of the best ways to experience it.View this travel guide