Once the residence of Duke Ferdinand von Lotzbeck, the Hotel Belle Epoque combines a home-like feel with exceptional service. Though a quiet retreat with a private French garden, the hotel is still centrally located and just a few minutes’ walk away from the Baden-Baden thermal springs, shopping area, casino and museum. The red toile carpet runners, marble fireplace and grand chandelier harken back to the hotel’s days as an aristocratic villa.
The neo-Renaissance building has just 20 rooms, adding to the intimate feel of the hotel. Each room is decorated to reflect different eras, such as French Empire, Louis XIV, Biedermeier, Victorian and Art Deco. Additionally, each room is named after, and features a portrait of, a French king.
We love the incredibly helpful staff at the Belle Epoque Hotel, as well as the atmosphere that makes us feel as though we’ve been transported back in time.
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
Photos of Hotel Belle Epoque
The 20 rooms vary in size, shape and decoration throughout the hotel. Each room is named after a different French king and decorated to reflect a different era, including French Empire, Louis XIV, Biedermeier, Victorian and Art Deco.
Some feature high ceilings and grand windows, but with smaller bathrooms. This is evidence of the building’s past, as not all rooms were originally built to be bedrooms. Though some bathrooms may be snug, they boast modern showers, ornate gold mirrors, brightly hued tiles, marble sinks and antique vanities.
The rooms are generously sized, and there are even more spacious suites available with in-room hot tubs. All rooms feature modern amenities such as air conditioning, Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs.
This hotel is on a quiet, tree-lined street just a short walk from all Baden-Baden has to offer. You can reach the thermal baths, museum and casino in less than ten minutes. The pedestrian zone is a two-minute walk away, where you can enjoy shopping, coffee shops and restaurants.
Food and drink
- A buffet breakfast is served daily in the dining room or outside on the terrace.
- The main dining room offers breakfast and dinner.
- The salon offers drinks in the evening.
- A traditional afternoon tea is available in the salon daily.
Facilities and activities
- The hotel can book you a wellness package, which is a combination of personal training, spa treatments and beauty treatments.
- You can also book tee times at the nearby golf course through the hotel, as well as dinner reservations, tickets to the festival hall or private transfers.
- Massages can be booked in your room.
- The list of concierge services is extensive.
There’s no elevator and no ground floor rooms, so this hotel is not suitable for those with mobility issues.
Tour ideas in Baden-Baden
Our itineraries are there to spark ideas for how you could include a stay at Hotel Belle Epoque as part of your trip. Treat them simply as suggestions, because every aspect of the trip we create for you will be yours to define.
GermanyView this tour
Location & places nearby
Places & hotels on the map
Alternative places to stay nearby
Where possible, we like to offer a range of accommodation for each stop of your trip, chosen by our specialists as some of their favorite places to stay. To help you make the right choice, we give each property a rating based on its facilities and service, but we also look for hotels with distinct character or a location that can’t be bettered.
Experiences while staying here
The following activities are designed to give you the most authentic experiences of the area where you’re staying. We work with local guides, who use their knowledge and often a resident’s eye to show you the main sights and more out-of-the-way attractions. Our specialists can also suggest outdoor pursuits and activities, such as cooking classes, that will introduce you to the traditions of the area’s inhabitants.
Black Forest in depth
Black Forest in depth
Black Forest in depth
Ride the panoramic roads of the Black Forest, venture up the seven-tiered Triberg Waterfalls and explore the town of Triberg. Spend a day getting to know the Black Forest on this full-day trip through the region.View details
Baden-Baden and nearby places
- The Black Forest 54 kilometers away
- Heidelberg 78 kilometers away
- Freiburg 90 kilometers away
- Titisee 97 kilometers away
- Oberwesel 155 kilometers away
- Frankfurt 155 kilometers away
- Rothenburg 154 kilometers away
- The Rhine Valley 185 kilometers away
- Nuremberg 215 kilometers away
- Neuschwanstein 230 kilometers away