The RV Laos Pandaw has been built to withstand the upper extremes of the mighty Mekong River and is traditionally styled to reflect the river’s rich colonial history. Featuring just ten staterooms, the vessel provides an intimate experience with personalized service to match.
Speak to someone
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
Teak and brass are found throughout the vessel’s interior, creating a truly authentic atmosphere, and while on board you’ll witness everyday life on the river, some stunning scenery and hidden villages only accessible by boat.
During the onshore excursions Pandaw’s renowned guides will convey a Laos which is steeped in history, natural beauty and filled with wonderful sites that remain surprisingly overlooked. Traditional ways of life on the river are brought to life and present a fascinating contrast to Laos’ up and coming capital, Vientiane. A highlight will undoubtedly be the mountain sprawl of Luang Prabang, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and home to saffron-robed monks whose chants echo from temple to temple.
The ten en suite staterooms located on the main deck each offer 17 square meters of living space along with plenty of closet and under-bed storage. Panoramic French windows provide peaceful views of the river and the passing landscape.
- Bistro style dining room with optional outdoor seating
- Themed dinners
- Complimentary evening canapés
- Complimentary tea, coffee, soft drinks and local beer and spirits
- 24 hour bar
- Open-air bar
- Mekong River — 10 or 14 nights between Vientiane and China and vice versa.
- Mekong River — 7 nights between Chiang Saen and Jinghong and vice versa.
- Mekong River — 10 nights between Luang Prabang and China and vice versa.
- The Laos Mekong — 10 nights between Chiang Kong and Vientiane and vice versa.
With its shallow draft, the RV Laos is the pioneer of the Pandaw fleet. It’s the only boat that we use which can sail from Vientiane, through Myanmar and into China. For me, the RV Laos is an excellent choice because you get the luxury Pandaw service with an added sense of adventure.
- Cultural performances
- Educational talks
- Cooking classes
- Ship tours
- Laundry service
- Open-air lounge