Visit Hpa-An, Myanmar
Hpa-An is the small but bustling capital of Kayin State, located close to the border with Thailand and is rarely visited by western travelers. The town itself is not particularly inspiring but the surrounding scenery and authentic charm make it an interesting stop en route from Mawlamyine to Yangon.
Hpa-An is surrounded by limestone mountains with the tallest being Mt Zwegabin where close by you can visit the impressive Kawgun Cave. Hidden away in the hills the cave was discovered in 1975 and contains thousands of 7th century tiny clay Buddha images and carvings, hidden precariously over the walls and roof of the main cave.
Speak to someone
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
Map of Hpa-An
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Hpa-An
- Moulmein (Mawlamyine) 44 kilometers away
- Golden Rock 88 kilometers away
- Yangon 157 kilometers away
- Loikaw 315 kilometers away
- Ngwe Saung 345 kilometers away
- Ngapali Beach 392 kilometers away
- Inle Lake 415 kilometers away
- Nyaung Shwe 428 kilometers away
- Kalaw 433 kilometers away
- Pindaya 464 kilometers away
Photos of Hpa-An
Accommodation choices for Hpa-An
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Hpa-An. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Hotel Zwe-Ka BinHpa-An