Visit Nyaung Shwe, Burma (Myanmar)
Nyaung Shwe, Burma (Myanmar)
Nyaung Shwe is the gateway town for those traveling onto Inle Lake. Despite being a tourist hub with a number of guesthouses and restaurants, the town is still a busy trading post for the villages on the lake.
Suggested itineraries featuring Nyaung Shwe
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Nyaung Shwe, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Nyaung Shwe
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Nyaung Shwe
- Inle Lake 14 kilometers away
- Kalaw 39 kilometers away
- Pindaya 42 kilometers away
- Loikaw 114 kilometers away
- Mandalay 172 kilometers away
- Mount Popa 178 kilometers away
- Hsipaw 222 kilometers away
- Bagan 223 kilometers away
- Monywa 247 kilometers away
- Lashio 267 kilometers away
- Kyaingtong 288 kilometers away
- Kanpetlet 305 kilometers away
- Mindat 317 kilometers away
- Golden Rock 367 kilometers away
- Ngapali Beach 369 kilometers away
- Mrauk U 390 kilometers away
- Bhamo 401 kilometers away
- Hpa-An 428 kilometers away
- Yangon 437 kilometers away
- Moulmein (Mawlamyine) 470 kilometers away
Photos of Nyaung Shwe
Accommodation choices for Nyaung Shwe
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Nyaung Shwe. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Nestled between rice paddies and the main tributary leading from Nyaung Shwe to Inle Lake, the lodge has been sensitively built using local materials such as limestone, wood, mud and rice straw.
La Maison Birmane is a small and well-maintained property in Nyaung Shwe, which is built out of traditional materials, with bright and airy rooms that each have a small terrace.