Hsipaw was once the Royal capital of a small Shan state of its own. Due to the altitude it's a cool retreat and has a relaxed atmosphere that attracts a wide variety of travelers who mainly come to town to organize short treks and walks into the surrounding hills.
One of Hsipaw's main attractions is the old Shan Palace, which has a fascinating history — please consult your guide before visiting though as it's still a private residence and permission may need to be sought before you visit.
If you find yourself with an hour or so to kill you could relax at Mrs Popcorn's Organic Cafe on the edge of town. A tranquil garden café serving freshly made fruit juices and smoothies and a small range of tasty snacks. Sit back in one of the lazy chairs under the shade of a fruit tree and relax after your journey or excursion.
Map of Hsipaw
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Hsipaw
- Lashio 58 kilometers away
- Mandalay 146 kilometers away
- Bhamo 182 kilometers away
- Pindaya 199 kilometers away
- Nyaung Shwe 222 kilometers away
- Monywa 230 kilometers away
- Kalaw 234 kilometers away
- Inle Lake 236 kilometers away
- Kyaingtong 282 kilometers away
- Mount Popa 284 kilometers away
- Bagan 300 kilometers away
- Loikaw 329 kilometers away
- Mindat 370 kilometers away
- Kanpetlet 372 kilometers away
- Mrauk U 482 kilometers away