Mindat is a small town in the Chin State, impressively perched on a hillside at an altitude of about 1,500 meters, offering scenic and varied adventures to visit the Chin ethnic minorities. It's overlooked by Mount Victoria some 48 kilometers away across a deep valley to the southwest.
Mindat itself is a simple but charming town with limited accommodation options. Next to the central market is a tea shop that serves snacks and hot drinks and is a great place to sit and watch the Chin go about their daily lives. The town and surrounding villages are 65% Christian, with the remainder made up of Buddhist and animist worship — along the roads and tracks you will see Catholic and Baptist churches, and the occasional Buddhist temple.
Map of Mindat
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Mindat
- Kanpetlet 22 kilometers away
- Bagan 96 kilometers away
- Mrauk U 120 kilometers away
- Mount Popa 141 kilometers away
- Monywa 146 kilometers away
- Mandalay 228 kilometers away
- Kalaw 281 kilometers away
- Pindaya 283 kilometers away
- Nyaung Shwe 317 kilometers away
- Inle Lake 319 kilometers away
- Ngapali Beach 329 kilometers away
- Hsipaw 370 kilometers away
- Loikaw 386 kilometers away
- Lashio 426 kilometers away
- Bhamo 464 kilometers away
Photos of Mindat
Accommodation choices for Mindat
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Mindat. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.