Curio Bay Hotel
At first appearance this classic New Zealand bach merely has the advantage of a panoramic beachfront location, from where you can step straight into the waves or watch the dolphins dancing from your terrace. Look closely however, and you will find two rustically stylish designer studios.
The owners have created the luxury beds from recycled timbers and the bathroom furnishings from driftwood found on the beach after the winter storms. The kitchens are modern with the latest fridge, oven and hob units and there is a full laundry shared between the two studios. You can also dine on local fish at your designer table and relax in the lounge sofas listening to your favorite music. This is eco-friendly escapism at its simplest and best.
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
Photos of Curio Bay Hotel
Tour ideas in The Catlins
Our itineraries are there to spark ideas for how you could include a stay at Curio Bay Hotel as part of your trip. Treat them simply as suggestions, because every aspect of the trip we create for you will be yours to define.
New ZealandView this tour
Location & places nearby
Places & hotels on the map
The Catlins and nearby places
- Stewart & Ulva Islands 98 kilometers away
- Dunedin 139 kilometers away
- The Otago Peninsula 150 kilometers away
- Te Anau & Manapouri 175 kilometers away
- Queenstown 185 kilometers away
- Arrowtown 192 kilometers away
- Glenorchy 209 kilometers away
- Doubtful Sound 213 kilometers away
- Lake Wanaka 219 kilometers away
- Milford Sound 240 kilometers away