A patchwork of lush forests and tropical archipelagos fringed by white sands and dotted with temples and remnants of colonial rule, Southeast Asia offers a bewildering array of attractions. Our specialists have been planning tours here for decades and have put together some sample itineraries based on routes that work particularly well, to give you an idea of what it’s possible.
Then, when it comes to planning your trip, we’ll base it around your interests whether you want to island hop around the Philippines, cruise the Mekong between Vietnam and Cambodia, see the temples of Myanmar, Laos and Cambodia, dive on pristine coral reefs, learn about Marapu rituals or track down the legendary Komodo dragons.
Speak to someone
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
Ideas for your trip to Southeast Asia
These itineraries are designed to give you some suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Southeast Asia, and they showcase some of the routes that we've found work particularly well. Treat them simply as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely for you by one of our specialists based on your particular tastes and interests.
Unfortunately no tours matched your search criteria.
- 31 individual whitewashed cottages sit among lush tropical gardens.
- The hotel is located on the secretive Ao Prao Beach on tiny Koh Samet for perfect relaxation.
- Spa set alongside the sweeping pool for an open air massage with a gorgeous view.
- Seemingly hidden away in nature for ultimate relaxation.
- The restaurant is a covered bamboo terrace for stunning views over the beach and ocean as you dine.
- The hotel style is relaxed and friendly, with room interiors drawing on elements of nature.
- Enjoy a relaxing beachside massage at the open air Kala spa.
- Location on the southern tip of the island means seclusion with spectacular sunrises and sunsets.
- Individual whitewashed villas have thatched palm roofs and many have private pools.
- Snorkeling and kayaking out to the nearby coral reefs.
- Asian fusion dishes created by Thai celebrity chef McDang served at the elegant restaurant.
- A short walk away from a beach with many excellent restaurants.
- The property only has 23 luxury villas all with gorgeous views out into mature gardens.
- Dine under the stars in the hidden garden offering authentic Indonesian cuisine.
- Take advantage of the open air yoga studio and practice with the hotel's yoga instructor.
- Natural forest setting of the resort makes it feel totally secluded.
- The location is in one of Malaysia's oldest ecosystems with a multitude of wildlife on the resort.
- Play a round of golf at the stunning Els Club Teluk Datai golf course.
- Explore cooking traditional Malay cuisine with the Rainforest cookery class.
- All rooms have light and airy decor with views out to the rainforest, ocean and gardens.
- Hidden on the idyllic island of Koh Yao Noi within a tropical rainforest reserve.
- Fantastic fresh seafood is on offer at Seafood Terrace, situated right on the beach.
- The rooms are set within the tranquil forest with views over the gardens or the bay.
- Opportunity to kayak to the nearby limestone rock formations or hidden coves.
- The Serenity Spa has many treatments to choose from and two daily yoga sessions.
The chance to see traditional buffalo racing in west Bali.
Snorkel in the clear warm waters of the north coast.
Relax with a stay at a tented camp on the slopes of Mount Batukaru.
Visit the iconic temple of Pura Ulun Danu Bratan at Lake Bratan.
Explore the markets and galleries around Ubud.
- Located on one of Bali's most beautiful beaches with a calm sea ideal for swimming.
- Cottages and villas are in keeping with natural surrounds using teak, rattan and thatch.
- Both restaurants offer delicious Asian flavors with gorgeous ocean vistas as you dine.
- The signature cookery classes showcase Balinese dishes with the ingredients collected from local markets.
- Pristine location on Sire beach.
- Take a private boat ride to the Gili Islands for great snorkelling.
- Each spacious villa is mere steps away from the beach.
- Both restaurants are vibrantly decorated in the traditional style, offering renowned oriental dishes.
- Each of the suites and villas features a private plunge pool and stunning views.
- Dine by Design offers guests the chance to design the setting and menu for a private dinner.
- Award-winning spa providing traditional Asian wellness experiences.
- Secretive location set among huge palm trees and descending right onto the white sand beach.
- Options for snorkelling and diving on day trips.
Take a guided tour of Intramuros — Manila's walled city full of history from extravagant churches built from when the Spanish founded the city in 1571, through to the underground jails used by the Japanese during the occupation in WWII.
See the famous Chocolate Hills in Bohol — one of the Philippines' most iconic landmarks.
Take a tour of Siquijor's villages which are famed for their spiritual healers.
Snorkel the reefs of Apo Island on the lookout for turtles and more of the Philippines' colourful marine life.
Drift among stunning limestone karst scenery on a traditional junk in Lan Ha Bay (a quieter alternative to Halong).
Unearth Vietnam's modern and ancient history in imperial Hue.
Shop and relax in charming Hoi An.
Explore the French influence in the bustling cities of Hanoi and Saigon.
See colonial architecture in the UNESCO city of Malacca.
Try the monorail in Kuala Lumpur during a guided walking tour of the city.
Visit the vast tea plantations of the Cameron Highlands and try a local brew.
Soak up the sights, sounds and smells of the bustling UNESCO city of George Town.
- Enjoy the natural beauty of Khao Lak, with 11 km of white sand beach.
- Delight in alfresco beachside dining at the Edge restaurant.
- Fantastic location for snorkeling and scuba diving at the Similian and Surin Islands.
- Thai cookery classes introduce guests to authentic Thai flavors and how to recreate them.
- Pool suites and residences have access to their own private terrace and pool.
Four full days to explore the iconic temples of Angkor and some time to enjoy the town of Siem Reap.
Head out to the Tonle Sap lake and explore the floating village of Kompong Khleang.
Explore Cambodia's turbulent history and haggle at the Russian market in Phnom Penh.
Take a boat trip from Kep to the idyllic Rabbit Island where you can relax on the beautiful beach.
Relax on a beautiful beach in the south with access to great restaurants and beautiful temples.
Snorkel in a peaceful bay on the remote northern coast.
Soak up the atmosphere of Ubud — the cultural heart of Bali.
Help out with the daily farming practises.
Picture perfect sunsets over the Indian Ocean.
Snorkel over pristine coral reefs.
Try unique Bali dishes such as Sambal Goreng Petai (chilli beef in coconut milk).
Enjoy a traditional massage as you gaze out to the blue waters of the Lombok Strait.
Visit one of the oldest villages in Bali and see their famed double ikat cloth.
Explore the shops and galleries in Ubud and try some of Bali's best restaurants.
Cambodia and Vietnam
Discover the hidden charm and culture of one of the few remaining Khmer communities in Vietnam.
Journey along the Mekong and Bassac River on board a traditionally styled sampan.
End the trip in Cambodia's capital city, Phnom Penh.
Spend a few days navigating the mesmerizing city of Saigon.
Explore the kingdom of coconuts, Ben Tre.
Enjoy two nights at a charming riverside lodge in Vinh Long province.
Relax on one of Bali's finest beaches and watch the sunset on a private boat with champagne and canapés.
Get an authentic insight into Balinese culture away from the tourist areas of Ubud.
Trek to one of the craters on the active Mount Batur volcano.
Experience the scenery around the highlands of Munduk in an off-road buggy tour.
Have a local food guide teach you how to eat like a Balinese local at a small market town night market.
Wander the backstreets and enjoy a riverside stroll in the colonial city of Kuching.
Enjoy the famous hospitality of the Iban tribe as you overnight in a traditional longhouse located on the banks of a river in the middle of the jungle.
Visit Sepilok Orangutan Sanctuary where you will see the work being done to rehabilitate rescued orangutan.
Relax on tropical Gaya, a rainforest covered island off Kota Kinabalu.
Take a boat through the jungle covered backwaters of the Kinabatangan River.
Malaysia and Borneo
Look out for Borneo's endemic proboscis monkeys in Bako National Park.
Try your skills with a blowpipe under the instruction of the Iban tribe.
Enjoy time in Kuala Lumpur, taking advantage of the superb food and shopping.
Relax and do nothing on the pristine beaches of Tioman Island.
Experience Wat Pho and the Grand Palace before the crowds.
Visit the traditional markets of Amphawa and stay in the Mae Klong delta.
Visit the Bridge on the River Kwai and explore the beautiful scenery of Kanchanaburi.
Take a Kermit tuk-tuk around the ancient temples of old Siam.
Relax on the island of Koh Samet.