- A short walk down to the famed Grand Anse beach.
- Small, family-run resort with a sustainable outlook and appreciation for the environment.
- Only a 10-minute drive to the capital, St George.
- Poolside dining in the alfresco bar, with sociable hour from 5.30-6.30pm.
Caribbean itinerary ideas
Whether you choose to spend your time lazing on the beach in glitzy Barbados, cruising through gin-clear waters of the British Virgin Islands, exploring old spice estates in Grenada or hiking through the Saint Lucian jungle, a trip to the Caribbean is every bit as impressive as its reputation suggests.
Our best advice is to visit several islands to get a sense of the region’s diversity and our sample itineraries intend to show you how. Devised by our Caribbean specialists and based on routes that work particularly well, they aim to offer some inspiration before our specialists set to work tailoring your itinerary to your personal interests and ensuring you make the most out of your time in the region.
Speak to someone
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
Ideas for your trip to the Caribbean
These itineraries are designed to give you some suggestions for what is possible when you travel in the Caribbean, and they showcase some of the routes that we've found work particularly well. Treat them simply as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely for you by one of our specialists based on your particular tastes and interests.
Unfortunately no tours matched your search criteria.
- Set among 135 acres of remote rainforest, cocoa fields and tropical gardens.
- The hotel offers guests maximum luxury with three-tiered outdoor pools and an onsite spa.
- There are only 16 large private cottages spread out on the plantation.
- Learn more about how cocoa is planted, harvested and transformed into chocolate in an onsite heritage tour.
- Bamboo restaurant rustles up traditional Caribbean dishes with an authentic farm-to-table ethos.
- Small beachfront hotel with 11 cottages and two hotel rooms.
- Most of the food served is produced on the island from their gardens and local fishermen.
- Take a boat out to Sandy Island and watch leatherback turtles laying their eggs in the sand.
- Learn all about the local spirit with a rum tasting session at several popular Grenadian distilleries.
- Just 9 rooms are housed in this elegant historic inn, dating back to the 1800s.
- The hotel is famed for its West Indian buffet lunch offered every Sunday.
- Learn to dive, sail or even windsurf in this tropical paradise.
- Stunning views out over the rugged Atlantic on Barbados' East Coast.
- Enjoy oceanside dining at Calabash Cafe and Siam Restaurant.
- Golf enthusiast will enjoy a round at the 18 hole championship course designed by Ron Kirby.
- Families welcome, with an onsite kids club for ages 3-12 and supplementary babysitting services.
- Take a dip in one of the hotel's three pools and enjoy a cocktail at the swim up bar.
- Feel rejuvenated with a number of private or couples treatments available at the Karma Spa and Salon.
- Adults-only hideaway with only 10 rooms, the hotel feels like a luxurious secret.
- Alfresco dinners are served at Café Luna with rooftop views over the ocean.
- The hotel offers guests complimentary bike hire to explore the local coastline.
- The Little Blue Beach Bus takes guests directly from the hotel to the white sand of Enterprise Beach.
- A wide range of water sports on offer to guests, including sailing, kayaking, surfing and snorkeling.
Grenada and Saint Lucia
Stay at an historic cocoa plantation set among Saint Lucia's rainforest and discover the famous pitons before heading to Grenada for a week of relaxation and exploration.
- Situated in 19 acres of tropical forest, guests have exclusive access to the white sands of Galleon Beach.
- Fresh tropical produce grown in onsite organic garden and served daily in the Reef Restaurant.
- Opportunity to try different water sports, in the seclusion of English Harbour.
- Beach Cabana's offer guests direct access to the beach from their veranda.
St Vincent and the Grenadines
- Taste delicious Caribbean dishes, while watching the sunset over Friendship beach from the veranda at Bagatelle restaurant.
- The Bequia Beach Hotel is small and family run with Beachfront suites.
- Set in the privacy of the Grenadines for the ultimate relaxation.
- Sail out to the Tobago Cays, hidden in a protected marine reserve.
Grenada and Barbados
Spend a few days exploring the rugged and peaceful east coast of Barbados before heading to Grenada for a relaxing week at the beach in a spacious villa.
Saint Lucia and Grenada
Discover Grenada's nutmeg and cocoa plantations and beautiful countryside before heading to St Lucia for a week on the beach at the charming Ti Kaye Resort.
- Secluded in the horseshoe shaped Carlisle Bay flanked by white sand, azure waters and tropical forests.
- Suites are light and airy with modern colors and a hint of Caribbean flair.
- East has a reputation of being one of the best Asian restaurants on Antigua.
- CARA spa offers serene spa treatments using organic ingredients.
- Hike through the forest, sail on a catamaran or scuba dive under the waves.
St Vincent and the Grenadines
Experience Bridgetown on foot with a guided walking tour.
Join the locals on a Friday evening for Oistins Fish Fry.
Visit Bequia's small, quaint Capital town, Port Elizabeth.
Navigate your way along the Belmont coastal walkway.
- Delicious Caribbean cuisine served at the romantic Rhodes restaurant.
- Enjoy an alfresco breakfast on the beach, overlooking the white sand of Lance Aux Espines.
- Take a boat trip along the calm west coast of Grenada to snorkel in the famed underwater sculpture park.
- The onsite dive center offers scuba diving excursions to some of the best reef and wreck sites.
- Estate Villas onsite offer privacy and seclusion.
- Step back in time onto this 350 year old sugar plantation's Great House.
- Set in 26 acres of tropical gardens overlooking its own private bay.
- Rooms are comfortable and traditional with four poster beds and views onto the gardens.
- Enjoy a delicious three course meal or a stunning afternoon tea at the Great House Restaurant.
- One of Grenada's most romantic properties, with just 16 cottages in a secluded location.
- Cottages and villas are set on the hillside awarding sweeping views of the Caribbean Sea.
- Daily yoga and a gorgeous spa facility are key to help guests rejuvenate during their stay.
- Join the captain of Helia, a 44' Catamaran and set sail for sunset and snorkeling.
Relax and unwind on Jamaica’s white-powdered beaches and aquamarine sea.
Enjoy an organic farm tour with an alfresco lunch.
Stay in an elegant tree house in the jungle.
Experience Bamboo rafting on the Rio Grande.
Take a privately guided tour of Jamaica’s lively capital, Kingston.
- Small luxury hotel with a team of dedicated staff for personalized service.
- Delicious dining options along English Harbour as well as onsite Maia restaurant.
- 23 rooms all have waterfront views onto the Caribbean Sea and Falmouth Marine Harbour.
- Two bedroom penthouses have private patios and fully equipped kitchens, ideal for families.
- Listen for the sounds of native tropical species in the gardens fringing La Breolotte Bay.
- 30 cottage suites are nestled in among tropical foliage, a moments' walk from the beach.
- Take a dip in the warmth of the freshwater pool and enjoy a cocktail from the swim up bar.
- The hotel has a program of daily island experiences that guests can book onto during their stay.
- Local Caribbean dishes created with the freshest produce, are served at the oceanfront restaurant.
Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Situated 305 m (1,000 ft) above sea level on a volcanic ridge, the hotel has gorgeous panoramic views.
- Learn more about the 4,000 acre estate with a guided foraging tour with the chefs.
- All food provided to guests originates from the organic onsite farm, local ranches and fishermen.
- The expansive infinity pool has stunning views over the ocean and is most serene at sunrise.
- Inspired by a traditional plantation house, rooms are individually styled, some with outdoor clawfoot bathtubs on the terrace.
- Situated on the world-famous Grand Anse Beach.
- Traditional Creole cuisine served at Oliver's restaurant, accompanied by calypso, reggae and steel bands.
- Janissa's Spa is one of the finest in the Caribbean, using natural herbs and ingredients.