Visit Banteay Chhmar, Cambodia
Also known as the Palace of the Cat because of the statue of a cat that once reputedly graced the entrance.
This 12th-century temple lies in the northwest of Cambodia, a beautiful rural area seldom visited by tourists.
Constructed in the reign of Jayavarman VII at the height of the Angkor era on the site of a former temple, Banteay Chhmar remained off limits until 1999. Although not as magnificent as the main temples at Angkor it does offer a wonderful foretaste, the ruins being gradually reclaimed by the surrounding jungle.
Speak to someone
who's been there
Start planning your tailor-made trip to Banteay Chhmar by contacting one of our Cambodia specialists
- Make an inquiry
Map of Banteay Chhmar
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Banteay Chhmar
- Battambang 109 kilometers away
- Temples of Angkor 110 kilometers away
- Siem Reap 114 kilometers away
- Preah Vihear 174 kilometers away
- Koh Kong 274 kilometers away
- Phnom Penh 341 kilometers away
- Kratie & Chhlong 362 kilometers away
- Sihanoukville 386 kilometers away
- Kampot 403 kilometers away
- Ratanakiri 420 kilometers away
- Kep 420 kilometers away
- Ban Lung 421 kilometers away
- Sen Monorom 477 kilometers away