Visit Kep, Cambodia
Kep was Cambodia’s first seaside resort, founded by the French in 1908 when they imported sand to create the beach.
Today it has an abandoned feel, but is rich in atmosphere and draws crowds of Khmers at the weekend. Nearby islands such as Koh Tonsay are popular for day trips and delicious local crab is a popular lunchtime treat.
Accommodation in Kep
The Veranda Natural Resort is nestled into the hillside and has great views of the sunset over the Bokor Mountain. Alternativley, Knai Bang Chatt is a wonderfully indulgent place to stay and an architectural gem that you truly would not expect to find in remote Cambodia.
Suggested itineraries featuring Kep
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Kep, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Kep
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Kep
- Kampot 21 kilometers away
- Sihanoukville 91 kilometers away
- Phnom Penh 138 kilometers away
- Koh Kong 193 kilometers away
- Kratie & Chhlong 292 kilometers away
- Battambang 316 kilometers away
- Siem Reap 324 kilometers away
- Temples of Angkor 330 kilometers away
- Sen Monorom 383 kilometers away
- Mondulkiri 388 kilometers away
- Banteay Chhmar 420 kilometers away
- Preah Vihear 437 kilometers away
- Ratanakiri 464 kilometers away
- Ban Lung 465 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Kep
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Kep. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Ideas for experiencing Kep
Our specialists seek out authentic ways to get to know the places that could feature in your trip. These activities reflect some of the experiences they've most enjoyed while visiting Kep, and which use the best local guides.