Centrally located in the middle of the city, the stylish and spacious Melter Hotel gives you easy access to all the sights, along with well-appointed rooms that allow for longer stays. The historically protected façade, along the handsome Königstrasse in Nuremberg, gives way to an airy, clean, contemporary feel once you enter the lobby.
Melter Hotel’s 53 rooms, designed by minimalist Konstantin Grcic, offer spare yet welcoming rooms and apartments, most with small kitchenettes and separate seating areas. The hotel is focused on comfort, sustainability and accessibility, providing you with an urban-chic oasis in the middle of town.
The real draw of the Melter is its location in Nuremberg’s pedestrian-only heart. Shops, cafés and restaurants abound all up and down the main street, and the historical sites are within easy reach.
The attached restaurant, MONDO, serves a buffet breakfast daily, with an emphasis on fair-trade and health-conscious options.
We like the Melter Hotel for its great location in the pedestrian zone in the heart of Nuremberg, along with the chic, pared-down design of the rooms.
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
Photos of Melter Hotel
The Studio rooms are simple and comfortable, with pale parquet floors, a table and chairs and a spacious bathroom. All other rooms are apartments, with seating areas, kitchenettes and other comforts for longer stays. The apartments come in Comfort, Superior and Deluxe, each increasing in size. Some of the rooms have a small terrace, which you can request.
There are four sets of interconnecting rooms, joining a studio with a Comfort apartment, if you wish to keep a larger party together.
En suite bathrooms are standard, but come with showers only. Wi-Fi and air conditioning are also available in all rooms.
Right in the middle of Nuremberg’s main shopping district, in a pedestrian-only zone, the hotel allows you not to worry about traffic while still being within easy reach of everything. Shopping, restaurants and cafés are right outside your door, and Nuremberg’s old town is a short walk away. Cars are permitted to stop for a short time in order to drop people off at the hotel.
Food and drink
- Buffet breakfast served daily at MONDO, the café attached to the hotel, serving regionally sourced and fair-trade products.
- No other restaurants on-site, but in the central pedestrian district with many restaurant options available.
- Interconnecting rooms are available.
Facilities and activities
- Small but well-equipped gym.
- Kitchenettes in every non-Studio room, with stovetops and fridges.
There is an elevator and there is one fully accessible room with a walk-in shower, handles and emergency button. Other rooms are spacious and navigable for wheelchairs.
Tour ideas in Nuremberg
Our itineraries are there to spark ideas for how you could include a stay at Melter Hotel as part of your trip. Treat them simply as suggestions, because every aspect of the trip we create for you will be yours to define.
Location & places nearby
Places & hotels on the map
Nuremberg and nearby places
- Rothenburg 70 kilometers away
- Bavaria 80 kilometers away
- Munich 147 kilometers away
- Heidelberg 179 kilometers away
- Frankfurt 189 kilometers away
- Neuschwanstein 212 kilometers away
- Baden-Baden 232 kilometers away
- The Black Forest 249 kilometers away
- Oberwesel 255 kilometers away
- Dresden 257 kilometers away