Peace and prosperity have brought a new-found vitality to Northern Ireland, with Belfast leading the parade with glittering new attractions, fine restaurants and a flourishing arts scene. Our specialists visit regularly to keep track of the fast-paced changes here, and their first-hand experience can help you decide on the best places to visit, depending on your interests.
You can explore the history of Belfast from its time as an important shipbuilding hub at Titanic Belfast or hear a resident’s account of the reasons behind the more recent political unrest on a black cab tour. Venture along the rugged Antrim coast to see romantic ruined castles, the basalt columns of the Giant's Causeway or the filming locations for the medieval epic Game of Thrones.
Rapid regeneration and a clutch of new cultural, historical and scientific attractions make Northern Ireland an exciting destination. Our specialists have explored the main sights and the lesser-known ones. They’ll carefully and individually plan your time here to match your preferences.
Places to visit in Northern Ireland
Featuring heavily on our experiences of visiting Northern Ireland, these selected places are destinations that also prove consistently popular with our travelers. Our specialists can help you choose how to include them in your wider trip, based on your preferences.
Map of Northern Ireland
Places & hotels on the map
Places in and around Northern Ireland
- Belfast Northern Ireland
- Derry/Londonderry Northern Ireland
- Enniskillen Northern Ireland
- Giant’s Causeway Northern Ireland
- County Donegal 85 kilometers away
- Newgrange and the Boyne Valley 120 kilometers away
- Sligo 121 kilometers away
- Dublin 160 kilometers away
- Galway 221 kilometers away
- Kilkenny 236 kilometers away
- The Burren 242 kilometers away
- Connemara 253 kilometers away
- Limerick 262 kilometers away
- Inis Mór 262 kilometers away
- County Wexford 270 kilometers away
- Waterford 279 kilometers away
- Cork 337 kilometers away
- Cobh 338 kilometers away
- Killarney 350 kilometers away
- Kinsale 358 kilometers away
- Kenmare 370 kilometers away
- Dingle Peninsula 371 kilometers away
Photos of Northern Ireland
Accommodation choices for Northern Ireland
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Northern Ireland. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.