Perched on top of a hill in central Sirmione, just a five-minute walk from the historic old town, Villa Cortine Palace Hotel is housed in an elegant 19th-century building set within expansive private parkland. Behind the wrought-iron gates and Doric columns, you’ll find marble floors, high ceilings, and original frescoes, with most of the 54 spacious rooms and suites boasting at least a partial view of the lake’s glittering waters.
There are four eateries within the hotel, ranging from fine dining among the peaceful gardens to an informal grill kitchen on the beach. Within the gardens you’ll find a large heated swimming pool and a tennis court. You can also make use of the hotel’s private bathing jetty on the lake, open during the summer months.
We think this hotel has an excellent central location in Sirmione, while also providing lots of space for relaxing when you’re not out exploring. We also love the historic details in the hotel’s building.
Speak to someone
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
Photos of Villa Cortine Palace Hotel
The 54 rooms and suites are spread between the hotel’s main building and 19th-century villa. Light, airy, and spacious, they seamlessly combine authentic features and modern comforts. Parquet flooring, crystal chandeliers, vintage Maggiolini-style furnishings, and marble bathrooms retain the hotel’s original character.
You can enjoy views of the lake or park from your room or suite, with higher categories also providing you with your own balcony or terrace. Within each room you can make use of free Wi-Fi, a satellite TV, air conditioning, and a minibar.
Villa Cortine is situated in the heart of Sirmione, but its elevated position and extensive grounds mean you’re away from the crowds. Staying here, you’ll be a few minutes’ walk from the lake, which you can see from most rooms, and you can enjoy strolls through the hotel’s lush gardens.
Food and drink
- La Gardenie is a fine-dining restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner either indoors or alfresco with views over the lake.
- Al Molo is open for lunch during summer months, with a focus on grilled fare.
- Maria Callas serves cocktails and snacks.
- Bar Al Lago is where you can enjoy all manner of drinks with lake views.
- Belvedere serves romantic dinners for two only.
Facilities and activities
- Outdoor pool.
- Tennis court.
- Private jetty.
- Extensive gardens.
Tour ideas in Sirmione
Our itineraries are there to spark ideas for how you could include a stay at Villa Cortine Palace Hotel as part of your trip. Treat them simply as suggestions, because every aspect of the trip we create for you will be yours to define.
ItalyView this tour
Location & places nearby
Places & hotels on the map
Sirmione and nearby places
- Lake Garda 13 kilometers away
- Gardone Riviera 15 kilometers away
- Verona 31 kilometers away
- Parma 81 kilometers away
- Madonna di Campiglio 84 kilometers away
- Modena 98 kilometers away
- Milan 111 kilometers away
- Bellagio 118 kilometers away
- Lake Como 120 kilometers away
- Lezzeno 121 kilometers away