Visit Lake Garda, Italian Lakes
Private boat trips, guided hikes and e-bike rides, history-steeped lakeside towns, and a thriving wine scene, all on and around Italy’s largest lake.
Spanning three provinces, Lake Garda is so large that it even has its own weather pattern created by its vast, electric-blue waters. With the Dolomites to the north and Verona to the east, a stay here puts you at the heart of northern Italy’s highlights. Our specialists have explored the lake from all corners of the compass and can use their first-hand knowledge to help you make the most of your visit.
You can spend time out on the lake itself, whether through water sports like kayaking or relaxed private boat trips where you can sit back and enjoy the scenery of green hills, rocky cliffs, and honey-hued lakeside towns. It’s these views that have enticed visitors here for centuries, from poets and artists to politicians and actors.
There’s plenty to see and do on Lake Garda’s shores, too. The small beaches and grassy banks provide space for relaxing between more active pursuits like guided hikes and e-bike rides around the water’s edge. In towns like Sirmione, Malcesine, and Gardone Riviera, you can take in neoclassical architecture, palaces, and castle ruins before strolling along lakeside promenades. At the end of the day, dine on fresh fish straight from the lake or visit a family-run winery at sunset.
Places to visit in Lake Garda
Featuring heavily on our experiences of visiting Lake Garda, these selected places are destinations that also prove consistently popular with our travelers. Our specialists can help you choose how to include them in your wider trip, based on your preferences.
Suggested itinerary featuring Lake Garda
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Lake Garda, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Lake Garda
Places & hotels on the map
Places in and around Lake Garda
- Gardone Riviera Lake Garda
- Sirmione Lake Garda
- Verona 34 kilometers away
- Madonna di Campiglio 71 kilometers away
- Parma 93 kilometers away
- Modena 109 kilometers away
- Milan 114 kilometers away
- Bellagio 115 kilometers away
- Lake Como 116 kilometers away
- Lezzeno 119 kilometers away
- Tremezzo 121 kilometers away
- Torno 122 kilometers away
- Laglio 122 kilometers away
- Blevio 122 kilometers away
- Como 123 kilometers away
- Dolomites 129 kilometers away
- Venice 134 kilometers away
- Bologna 136 kilometers away
- Alta Badia 147 kilometers away
- Lake Maggiore 157 kilometers away
- Verbania 166 kilometers away
- Stresa 167 kilometers away
- Cinque Terre 180 kilometers away
- Ravenna 181 kilometers away
- Portofino and Santa Margherita 184 kilometers away
- Porto Venere 185 kilometers away
- Forte dei Marmi 186 kilometers away
- Genoa 189 kilometers away
- Pisa 211 kilometers away
- Florence 211 kilometers away
- Barbaresco 224 kilometers away
- Alba 228 kilometers away
- Piedmont 237 kilometers away
- Turin 239 kilometers away
- Barolo 239 kilometers away
- San Gimignano 241 kilometers away
- Siena 261 kilometers away
- Perugia 311 kilometers away
- Assisi 324 kilometers away
- Umbria 331 kilometers away
- Orvieto 343 kilometers away
- Rome 439 kilometers away
Photos of Lake Garda
Accommodation choices for Lake Garda
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Lake Garda. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Enjoying a central location on Sirmione’s highest peak, Villa Cortine Palace Hotel has an air of opulence thanks to its extensive grounds, lake views, and period features. Take a dip in the pool, enjoy a game of tennis, or relax on the private jetty over the lake.