Shiretoko Grand Hotel Kitakobushi
Like the majority of resorts in Hokkaido the hotels in Utoro are large blocky affairs with little external charm, but the Grand Hotel offers a welcome and cozy atmosphere once through the door, not to mention some absolutely delicious seafood in the buffet style restaurant.
The Grand Hotel sits in a superb location directly overlooking the working fishing port of Utoro and out to the Sea of Okhotsk. It is split into three wings, largely comprising Japanese tatami rooms and interspersed with a few mixed Western and Japanese style rooms. The décor in the main wing is a little dated, but acceptable given the excellent location. There is a rather pleasant, rooftop public bath, with gorgeous views out to sea when the weather cooperates.
Speak to someone
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
Photos of Shiretoko Grand Hotel Kitakobushi
Tour ideas in Utoro
Our itineraries are there to spark ideas for how you could include a stay at Shiretoko Grand Hotel Kitakobushi as part of your trip. Treat them simply as suggestions, because every aspect of the trip we create for you will be yours to define.
JapanView this tour
Location & places nearby
Places & hotels on the map
Utoro and nearby places
- Shiretoko National Park 6 kilometers away
- Akan-ko National Park 100 kilometers away
- Kushiro 132 kilometers away
- Sounkyo 169 kilometers away
- Asahidake 178 kilometers away
- Hokkaido 190 kilometers away
- Sapporo 315 kilometers away
- Hakodate 428 kilometers away
- Towadako & Hirosaki 525 kilometers away
- Nyuto Onsen 595 kilometers away