Canopy Lodge is the sister property of the famous Canopy Tower birding lodge in the Soberania National Park and is located in cool woodland by a mountain stream in El Valle.
Like its sister property, Canopy Lodge is focused primarily on birdwatching, which is excellent in El Valle. The lodge's own birding list contains over 300 species and the resident birding guides are some of the best in Panama. There are hummingbird feeders set throughout the lodge's beautiful grounds and many bird species can be seen from the balconies of the eight very spacious, whitewashed en suite rooms or the lodge's observation tower.
The lodge also has access to a number of excellent walking trails some of which lead up to the Chorro Macho Waterfall where a canopy adventure tour is located.
who's been there
Start planning your tailor-made trip by contacting one of our Panama specialists
- Make an inquiry
Photos of Canopy Lodge
Tour ideas in El Valle
Our itineraries are there to spark ideas for how you could include a stay at Canopy Lodge as part of your trip. Treat them simply as suggestions, because every aspect of the trip we create for you will be yours to define.
PanamaView this tour
Location & places nearby
Places & hotels on the map
El Valle and nearby places
- Coclé Province less than 5 kilometers away
- The Canal Zone 73 kilometers away
- Panama City 77 kilometers away
- Pearl Islands 119 kilometers away
- Coral Lodge 152 kilometers away
- Pacific Coast Beaches 199 kilometers away
- Tranquilo Bay 234 kilometers away
- Cala Mia 240 kilometers away
- Bocas del Toro 248 kilometers away
- Chiriqui Highlands 255 kilometers away