Visit El Valle, Panama
El Valle, Panama
The charming country town of El Valle is easily accessible from Panama City and the Azuero Peninsula and enjoys a cooler climate than the capital thanks to its altitude, making it a popular weekend hideaway for some of Panama's wealthy urbanites.
The town is nestled in the crater of an enormous extinct volcano, and although the 5 kilometer concave is less geologically obvious than it sounds, it can be admired from a view point on the road descending into the crater.
The crater feels more like a valley (hence the town's name) and is one of the largest in the Americas, which is thought to be at least three million years old.
El Valle is a tranquil, secret hideaway with few tourists. Cool tropical forests filled with exotic birdlife, waterfalls and mountain streams attract bird watchers, trekkers and those wanting to escape the hustle and bustle of Panama City for a few days.
Suggested El Valle itinerary
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in El Valle, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of El Valle
Places & hotels on the map
Places near El Valle
- Cocle Province less than 5 kilometers away
- The Canal Zone 74 kilometers away
- Panama City 78 kilometers away
- Pearl Islands 119 kilometers away
- Coral Lodge 153 kilometers away
- San Blas Islands 180 kilometers away
- Pacific Coast Beaches 198 kilometers away
- Tranquilo Bay 233 kilometers away
- Cala Mia 239 kilometers away
- Bocas del Toro 247 kilometers away
- Chiriqui Highlands 254 kilometers away
- Darien 300 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for El Valle
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit El Valle. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.