Tour Alcatraz and cycle across the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco.
Go whale watching in Monterey, looking out for orcas and humpback whales.
Drive along the Pacific Coast Highway with its dramatic views of the rugged coastline and the ocean.
Relax on the soft sands of Pismo Beach.
Enjoy the sparkle of Hollywood and Beverly Hills in Los Angeles.
These itineraries are designed to give you some suggestions for what is possible when you travel in the US, and they showcase some of the routes that we’ve found work particularly well.
Unfortunately no tours matched your search criteria.
Stay on Coronado Island, one of the top places to walk to and relax on the beach.
Kayak along the California coastline taking in the natural caves and marine wildlife.
Explore the USS Midway Museum.
Enjoy a variety of small shops and restaurants on Coronado Island.
Take a ride up the Aerial Tramway for a bird's-eye view of Palm Springs.
Explore the homes of the rich and famous on an architecture tour of Palm Springs.
Spend a day discovering the unique landscape of Joshua Tree National Park.
Visit the infamous San Andreas Fault.
- Standing on undisturbed Jekyll Island, this historic resort feels refined and exclusive.
- Access to the Jekyll Ocean Club offers guests beach chairs, umbrellas and refreshments.
- The island boasts 63 holes of golf and many more outdoor activities.
- Dine at the Wharf restaurant, enjoying delicious Southern dishes while watching the sunset.
- The B&B has four private onsite cottages with fully equipped kitchens.
- The inn is situated a short walk from the main retail district in Santa Barbara.
- A huge variety of fresh, homemade dishes for breakfast.
- An ideal location for exploring, only five minutes to the beach and 20 minutes to the Old Mission.
- Each room is unique, with either views over mountains and beach or fireplaces and Jacuzzi baths.
Discover the revolutionary history of Boston on a guided tour of the Freedom Trail.
Explore the rugged coastline of Maine, dotted with lighthouses and quaint seaside towns.
Wander through the picturesque villages and rolling hills of Vermont.
Take in panoramic views from atop Mount Washington in New Hampshire's magnificent White Mountains.
Go whale watching off the waters of Cape Cod.
Cycle over Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito.
Take a walk with a local guide and learn about different neighborhoods in San Francisco.
Enjoy a full day of privately guided hiking in Yosemite National Park.
Try rock climbing in Yosemite National Park.
Explore the Alaskan city of Anchorage, trying out ice skating and fat-biking.
Embark on an exhilarating winter activity, choosing between dog-sledding and snowmobiling.
Admire the dramatic Alaskan winter scenery on a rail journey from Anchorage to Fairbanks.
Sleep in a dome in the Alaskan wilderness, keeping watch for the northern lights.
Sit back and take in the scenery as you travel through Alaska by train.
See the mighty mountains and look for wildlife in spectacular Denali National Park.
Take an optional scenic flight in Denali National Park.
Enjoy all meals and guided activities during your stay in the national park.
- Hotel interior boasts traditional Southern style with light and airy decor.
- Six restaurants offer a wide variety of styles from fine dining to more casual cafés.
- Access to the fantastic May River Golf course, designed by Jack Nicklaus.
- Plenty of salt and freshwater water sports on offer to experience the coastal Carolina Marshlands.
- Set alongside the picturesque May River with accommodation tucked away in-between the trees.
California and Hawaii
Explore Maui's white-sand beaches.
Experience the heat of Kilauea Volcano.
Snorkel with sea turtles, whales and dolphins.
Between January and March you can also take a boat trip on the Pacific Ocean to see majestic humpback whales at sunrise.
Enjoy wildlife watching in Grand Teton National Park at sunrise with a naturalist guide.
Visit the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar in Jackson.
Experience Yellowstone National Park as a winter wonderland and without the crowds.
Try your hand at cross-country skiing and snowshoeing in Yellowstone National Park.
Take a moon-lit sleigh ride to a remote cabin for dinner and live music at Lone Mountain Ranch.
Embark on exciting winter activities, including dog-sledding, snowmobiling and snowshoeing.
Relax in the outdoor hot tub, admiring the view of the snowy Alaska Range.
Eat superb food created by the lodge's chef owner.
Enjoy yoga and stretching classes, and indulge in a range of spa treatments.
Explore the Alaskan city of Anchorage, trying out ice skating and fat-wheel cycling.
Travel to your wilderness lodge by ski-plane, landing on a frozen lake right in front of the property.
Visit Denali National Park with its abundant wildlife and Mount Denali, the highest mountain in North America.
See grizzly bears on a light aircraft trip to Katmai National Park.
Cruise among the fjords and tidewater glaciers of Kenai Fjords National Park.
- Enjoy dinner with stunning ocean views at the award-winning Sierra Mar restaurant.
- The hotel only has 39 rooms for a cozy feel with exquisite service.
- Enjoy the serene natural beauty of the area with a guided hike or in house stargazing.
- The style of the hotel is both elegant and natural, combining organic materials and modern design.
- The best views over the Pacific Ocean can be enjoyed from the clifftop basking pools.
Marvel at the grandeur of Wrangell-St Elias National Park while visiting Kennicott and McCarthy.
View the fjords and tidewater glaciers and wildlife of Kenai Fjords National Park by boat.
Look for whales, porpoises, and sea otters while admiring the glaciers of Prince William Sound.
Spend five nights at a luxury ranch in a pristine valley in Montana.
Try out a variety of activities at the ranch, including horseback riding, fly-fishing for cutthroat trout, and mountain biking.
Unwind by relaxing in a cliff-side resort overlooking Laguna Beach.
Filter by destination
Filter by category
Some of our favorite travel guides
- Driving holidays in the United States
- Self-driving the Blue Ridge Parkway
- Family vacations in the US
- Visiting the Grand Canyon: how to get the best experience
- Combine a US city break with a wilderness adventure
- Route 66 vacations
- Self-driving in the Rockies
- Fall in the US beyond New England
- Great Lakes
- Self-driving through Arizona & Utah in America’s Southwest
Driving holidays in the United States
Pick the right self-drive vacation in the US for you with our travel guide that looks at some the best drives across America. You’ll find ideas for where to stop along your journey to enjoy this vast country’s national parks, cities, wildlife and history.View this travel guide
Self-driving the Blue Ridge Parkway
A self-drive down the Blue Ridge Parkway will take you from nation's capital, Washington D.C. on a journey of discovery through Virginia, North Carolina and Tennessee. You'll uncover historic towns and marvel at the splendid scenery of national parks such as Shenandoah and Great Smoky Mountains.View this travel guide
Family vacations in the US
Ranch stays, glamping in national parks, Hawaiian feasts and Yellowstone’s steaming geysers: the US is packed with enough experiences to fill several family photo albums. US specialist Shannon shares her pick of things to see and do on your next family trip.View this travel guide
Visiting the Grand Canyon: how to get the best experience
Everyone has heard of the Grand Canyon, but how can you get the most out of your visit? US specialist Ross provides advice and answers common questions about exploring the canyon, as well as sharing his own experiences.View this travel guide
Combine a US city break with a wilderness adventure
Combining a city break with some of the US's national parks is an ideal way to experience the best of both worlds on a trip to this vast country. Our Country Specialists can help you to decide which cities and parks are best suited to your preferences and needs.View this travel guide
Route 66 vacations
Known as the ‘Mother Road’, Route 66 helped open up America and shape its identity. Whether you choose to drive the whole route or just part of it, your road trip will showcase the country’s culture, history and landscapes.View this travel guide
Self-driving in the Rockies
Experience mountains, Native American culture and wildlife with our self-drive guide through the Rockies. Written by US specialist Emma, she's plotted a route that will take you through Grand Teton, Yellowstone and Glacier National Parks.View this travel guide
Fall in the US beyond New England
While New England is known for its showstopping fall foliage, there are plenty of other places in the US that can rival the region’s autumnal beauty. Our specialists share worthy alternatives where you can make the most of the changing leaves.View this travel guide
Relax on a lakeside beach or explore cities such as Chicago and Milwaukee. Go wildlife spotting for moose or take part in a range of outdoor activities, the Great Lakes region has plenty to offer visitors of all ages.View this travel guide
Self-driving through Arizona & Utah in America’s Southwest
Our specialists will have traveled the routes we offer so you can rest assured that you'll get the most from your self-drive vacation in the US. They'll also plan the best places to stay, things to see and do, and even what car is most suited to your needs. In short, they make sure everything runs smoothly.View this travel guide