Stay on Coronado Island, one of the top places to walk to and relax on the beach.
Kayak along the California coastline taking in the natural caves and marine wildlife.
Explore the USS Midway Museum.
Enjoy a variety of small shops and restaurants on Coronado Island.
The US is a vast and diverse place and getting your travel plans right can make a big difference to your trip. With so much to see and so many regions to choose from, it's worth thinking carefully about which route to take.
Whether it’s the history of the South or the canyons and vast wilderness of the West that appeal to you, we can offer suggestions about the best way to get around, how to explore the highlights and even suggest some sights you’re not likely to find in a guidebook. Our suggested tours are the product of extensive travel across the US and follow routes that work particularly well.
Speak to someone
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
Our recommended tours in the US
These itineraries are designed to give you some suggestions for what is possible when you travel in the US, and they showcase some of the routes that we’ve found work particularly well. Treat them simply as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely for you by one of our specialists based on your particular tastes and interests.
Unfortunately no tours matched your search criteria.
- Royal Ocean View Terrace offers delicious food with views over to the islands of Lanai and Molokai.
- Experience traditional Hawaiian luau with a buffet dinner and open bar.
- Relax in front of one of the hotel's three large swimming pools.
- Take a romantic sunset sailing tour down the rugged Maui coastline.
- Plantation Gardens restaurant serves Pacific Rim cuisine with a Hawaiian influence.
- Cottage style condos are comfortable and spacious, with verandas that look out onto the gardens or ocean.
- Hotel is situated in 35 acres of manicured gardens reaching out to Poipu beach.
- Situated perfectly to hike, kayak and snorkel on beautiful Kauai.
- Standing on undisturbed Jekyll Island, this historic resort feels refined and exclusive.
- Access to the Jekyll Ocean Club offers guests beach chairs, umbrellas and refreshments.
- The island boasts 63 holes of golf and many more outdoor activities.
- Dine at the Wharf restaurant, enjoying delicious Southern dishes while watching the sunset.
- The B&B has four private onsite cottages with fully equipped kitchens.
- The inn is situated a short walk from the main retail district in Santa Barbara.
- A huge variety of fresh, homemade dishes for breakfast.
- An ideal location for exploring, only five minutes to the beach and 20 minutes to the Old Mission.
- Each room is unique, with either views over mountains and beach or fireplaces and Jacuzzi baths.
Discover the revolutionary history of Boston on a guided tour of the Freedom Trail.
Explore the rugged coastline of Maine, dotted with lighthouses and quaint seaside towns.
Wander through the picturesque villages and rolling hills of Vermont.
Take in panoramic views from atop Mount Washington in New Hampshire's magnificent White Mountains.
Go whale watching off the waters of Cape Cod.
Cycle over Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito.
Take a walk with a local guide and learn about different neighborhoods in San Francisco.
Enjoy a full day of privately guided hiking in Yosemite National Park.
Try rock climbing in Yosemite National Park.
Sit back and take in the scenery as you travel through Alaska by train.
See the mighty mountains and look for wildlife in spectacular Denali National Park.
Take an optional scenic flight in Denali National Park.
Enjoy all meals and guided activities during your stay in the national park.
- Hotel Wailea is a luxurious adult only escape and the only Relais & Châteaux property on Hawaii.
- Only a 20 minute walk or complimentary shuttle to the stunning Wailea beach.
- Set in the tranquility of a tropical garden the hotel offers unobstructed views of the ocean and mountains.
- Dinner cooked by chef Jonathan De Paz is a culinary delight using the region's local produce.
- Dine in a dramatic treehouse setting with a seven course private dinner overlooking the ocean.
Hawaii and California
Explore Maui's white-sand beaches.
Experience the heat of Kilauea Volcano.
Snorkel with sea turtles, whales and dolphins.
Between January and March you can also take a boat trip on the Pacific Ocean to see majestic humpback whales at sunrise.
- Hotel interior boasts traditional Southern style with light and airy decor.
- Six restaurants offer a wide variety of styles from fine dining to more casual cafés.
- Access to the fantastic May River Golf course, designed by Jack Nicklaus.
- Plenty of salt and freshwater water sports on offer to experience the coastal Carolina Marshlands.
- Set alongside the picturesque May River with accommodation tucked away in-between the trees.
Enjoy wildlife watching in Grand Teton National Park at sunrise with a naturalist guide.
Visit the Million Dollar Cowboy bar in Jackson.
Experience Yellowstone National Park as a winter wonderland and without the crowds.
Try your hand at cross-country skiing and snowshoeing in Yellowstone National Park.
Take a moon-lit sleigh ride to a remote cabin for dinner and live music at Lone Mountain Ranch.
Visit Denali National Park with its abundant wildlife and Mount Denali, the highest mountain in North America.
See grizzly bears on a light aircraft trip to Katmai National Park.
Cruise among the fjords and tidewater glaciers of Kenai Fjords National Park.
Explore the Alaskan city of Anchorage, trying out ice skating and fat-tyre cycling.
Travel to your wilderness lodge by ski-plane, landing on a frozen lake right in front of the property.
Embark on exciting winter activities, including dog-sledding, snowmobiling and snowshoeing.
Relax in the outdoor hot tub, admiring the view of the snowy Alaska Range.
Eat superb food created by the lodge's chef owner.
Enjoy yoga and stretching classes, and indulge in a range of spa treatments.
- Enjoy dinner with stunning ocean views at the award-winning Sierra Mar restaurant.
- The hotel only has 39 rooms for a cozy feel with exquisite service.
- Enjoy the serene natural beauty of the area with a guided hike or in house stargazing.
- The style of the hotel is both elegant and natural, combining organic materials and modern design.
- The best views over the Pacific Ocean can be enjoyed from the cliff top basking pools.
Marvel at the grandeur of Wrangell-St Elias National Park while visiting Kennicott and McCarthy.
View the fjords and tidewater glaciers and wildlife of Kenai Fjords National Park by boat.
Look for whales, porpoises, and sea otters while admiring the glaciers of Prince William Sound.
Filter by destination
Filter by category
Some of our favorite travel guides
- The Rockies: ranches, wolves & Wild West towns
- 5 of the best family activities in the US
- Where to go in the US
- Visiting the Grand Canyon: how to get the best experience
- Family vacations in the US
- Honeymoons in the USA
- Fall in the US beyond New England
- Self-driving the Blue Ridge Parkway
- Self-driving in the Rockies
- Pacific Northwest: our highlights
The Rockies: ranches, wolves & Wild West towns
The Rockies is a region of soaring mountains, wide open plains scattered with bison, and historic Gold Rush towns where time has stood still. US specialist Alex shares the best things to do in the Rockies, from Yellowstone tours to ranch stays.View this travel guide
5 of the best family activities in the US
Eating lunch with an astronaut in Houston, snorkeling with Florida’s manatees, or a helicopter flight over the Grand Canyon’s yawning chasm: our US specialists pick five standout family activities you can include in your trip.View this travel guide
Where to go in the US
The US is so huge that it can be hard to narrow down your options when you’re planning a trip. We’ve drawn up a guide to helping you decide which regions to visit, depending on your individual interests.View this travel guide
Visiting the Grand Canyon: how to get the best experience
Everyone has heard of the Grand Canyon, but how can you get the most out of your visit? US specialist Ross provides advice and answers common questions about exploring the canyon, as well as sharing his own experiences.View this travel guide
Family vacations in the US
Ranch stays, glamping in national parks, Hawaiian feasts and Yellowstone’s steaming geysers: the US is packed with enough experiences to fill several family photo albums. US specialist Shannon shares her pick of things to see and do on your next family trip.View this travel guide
Honeymoons in the USA
As a honeymoon destination, the United States has a lot to offer. US specialist, Carl, picks some of his top choices, from exploring San Francisco and driving the Pacific Coast Highway to staying on a ranch in the Rocky Mountain states and experiencing the swamplands and culture of Louisiana.View this travel guide
Fall in the US beyond New England
While New England is known for its showstopping fall foliage, there are plenty of other places in the US that can rival the region’s autumnal beauty. Our specialists share worthy alternatives where you can make the most of the changing leaves.View this travel guide
Self-driving the Blue Ridge Parkway
A self-drive down the Blue Ridge Parkway will take you from nation's capital, Washington D.C. on a journey of discovery through Virginia, North Carolina and Tennessee. You'll uncover historic towns and marvel at the splendid scenery of national parks such as Shenandoah and Great Smoky Mountains.View this travel guide
Self-driving in the Rockies
Experience mountains, native American culture and wildlife with our self-drive guide through the Rockies. Written by US specialist Emma, she's plotted a route that will take you through Grand Teton, Yellowstone and Glacier National Parks.View this travel guide
Pacific Northwest: our highlights
A quieter alternative to California, the Pacific Northwest is home to stratovolcanoes, temperate rainforest, deep gorges and a wild coastline. USA specialist Alex shares his highlights of the region, from outdoor activities to food tours in the characterful cities of Portland and Seattle.View this travel guide